Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for people that have completed their LC

• 05-07-2012 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Im starting Sixth yr in Sept. & I'm just wondering should I be maybe doing some school work over this summer.? I do History,Economics,French and Biology. All of which have rather broad courses. Even though I've done quiet well in my summer exams, Im just wondering will I benefit from having worked over this summer ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Undecided95

I'm also aware this is in the 'Limerick I.T" why I don't know? Sorry about that! Still getting used to this boards Craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Moved to the Leaving Cert Forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Im starting Sixth yr in Sept. & I'm just wondering should I be maybe doing some school work over this summer.? I do History,Economics,French and Biology. All of which have rather broad courses. Even though I've done quiet well in my summer exams, Im just wondering will I benefit from having worked over this summer ?

You will have nine months between September and June to complete the courses, plenty of time. It won't be a massive benefit, since you've done well in our summer exams you seem to know a lot of what you've done in 5th year. Your summer will be better spent resting and having a bit of fun, and other things you will not be able to do throughout 6th year. If you still want to do some work over the summer, get a headstart on your History projecT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

it might be of some benifit to you - getting ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I don't do history but the history teachers in our school make the students get the history project done during the summer. That's what I heard anyway. It'd be easier in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

well will you benefit? obviously any extra work will benefit you
    I didn't really do any work over the summer when i was in 5th year but i wish i did.
    definitely enjoy the summer! and you seem to be keeping up well so don't worry about how much you do, but you have so much time off you could do even a little work just at random points when you are not doing anything
    It will help to have a bit less to do next year
    good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iMMer5ion

Yeah I agree, get a head start in the history project, it's awful when it's left late. We only did ours in March/April...deadline being in April..!
    Read the English novels, you'll know the story and that'll be great, unless you've already done them. I couldn't follow Wuthering Heights at all in class...should've read it meself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

It might be of some benefit, but it might be of even more benefit to just take some time out and relax before the year starts :)
    Besides, if you try teaching yourself some things and your teacher does them again differently you may wind up confused.

Advertisement