Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I start studying now? LC 2013

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tom15

Hi I am just wondering do yous think that i should do an hour a day of study this summer to get 550 points in the leaving or do you think that if i just study hard come september I will be okay?

Btw i got 535 in my summer tests!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

tom15 wrote: »
    Hi I am just wondering do yous think that i should do an hour a day of study this summer to get 550 points in the leaving or do you think that if i just study hard come september I will be okay?

Study hard from September, relax and enjoy the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Getting 550 will be pretty hard and while studying could help, I'd say you're more likely to burn out. I thought about studying in summer last year (really would have helped with history, didnt matter in the end coz I got lucky :L) but when it got to April/May I was just so tired. If I'd started any earlier than September (which is when I eased myself into it) I'd have gone insane.

I'm not sure if summer tests are really any good guide btw. I got 505 in mine and 525 in my mocks which is a big enough gap, and in my summer test I'd gotten an A2 in HL maths whereas I'm essentially hoping for a C/D in the real thing, my teacher just had easy tests. :P Take them with a pinch of salt but they are good for motivation. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Unless your summer tests consisted of doing an entire Leaving Cert exam paper (or two, as the case may be) for each subject, then there is no way you can use your grades to give yourself a point score which is in any way accurate. Even mocks are dodgy for calculating points!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tom15

I was using them results as something to work on for next year not using them to guess what I might get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

I think instead of starting to study this Summer you should start to prepare for study.

Agree on the organisational comments. Perhaps clean out your 5th year notes folders; keep what you need (I know from experience I always seemed to end up with multiple pages of the same notes from during the year), buy your stationery now, organise your notes, maybe write out dog-eared notes again that you'll need:)

Preparation is key:) If you're ready on your first day of September to kickstart into study mode you'll fly through it

Hope that helps :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I was using them results as something to work on for next year not using them to guess what I might get!
    I don't think anyone meant to slap you down, lad, just give you a heads-up that they're a very rough indicator at best, and not to be relied on too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

No!You don't want to be left feeling burned out or disappointed if you don't do as much study as you wanted!Enjoy this summer as much as possible.Relax as best you can,that way come September you will be refreshed and ready to start a long and stressful 6th year!

Advertisement