Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping on UK public transport

Options
  • 05-07-2012 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭

It looks like it was an Ecig that caused the terror alert on a coach in England today.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-18728303

With the Olympics and security levels high it looks like covert vaping is not advised, better to be open about what you have and how you use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Glad it wasn't me - can you imagine the embarrassment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

What embarrassment, unless you called the cops on yourself.
    Just look at em all innocent and say "so you never seen an ecig before?"

Actually this just shows how scared people have become, was a time when someone would just tell a person that their was smoke coming out of their bag. Not now first thing they think is terrorist.
    Note how the word used all throughout the reports was 'vapor' no mention of smoke being reported. And of course the police called it a health device, tut tut not supposed to make such claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Mr Wicked just said that this was he himself.
    If someone does not know, is the owner of Tottaly Wicked http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/

LOL
    Jason is a mad yoke!

When I posted the above I didn't realize how mad he was!
    The vid led to an all out carcrash thread on UK Vapers and in turn led to this;
    UK Vapers is currently unavailable
    We regret that in order to fully consider recent legal threats levied against us, that it's become necessary to (hopefully temporarily) close UK Vapers.

We are in the process of discussing the best course of action, and will update members as soon as we're able.

Apologies for any inconvenience, but we feel it's a necessary step for the time being.

UK Vapers management team.
    UK Vapers is down, who wouda thunk it! because of a (in my not so honest opinion) mildly funny youtube video.
    De Internetz, LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

What an absolute ballbag.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

WTF?

I haven't been on UKV all weekend, and i needed to go on to sort out some stuff regarding the RTA, and now i've found this?

what the hell happened?

Jason went mental, started insulting people, raved about Illuminati conspiracy theories, threatened legal action on anyone who posted negative comments about TW or any of their products and then stomped off.
    Was a laugh a minute, would have linked here but my 'putter crashed and I couldn't log in to any sites the last 3 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

eeloe wrote: »
    WTF?

I haven't been on UKV all weekend, and i needed to go on to sort out some stuff regarding the RTA, and now i've found this?

what the hell happened?

I missed the comments in question but another thread was put up.

Basically it seems that people were giving out about him/his products and he threatened to sue everyone and the website for libel.

Someone mentioned the conversation had also included end of the world and alien conspiracy theories and people were taking the mick out of him over it

Seems totally insane to shut down the whole website over it

Totally Wicked's owner pretended to be the 'Vaping Terrorist', got derided on UKVfor using any chance he gets to promote himself, sent a message to UKV saying all mentions of himself or his company are not allowed from now on, by anybody, in any capacity, UKV posted it...
    Whether someone broke the rule or not, I dunno, but supposed legal action indicates it.
    Retarded.
    Beyond.
    Belief.

• Advertisement

strange "going ons" alright. truth somewhere in the middle I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Partial and limited re-opening. Seems to be up again just to let people get PMs and deal with mod-makers etc.

Being seriously distracted from work by all these shennanigans :eek:

I wonder is Mewso still keen to setup "standalone" vaping forum after watching / following what going on on UK Vapers. Seems crazy altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

achieve wrote: »
    I wonder is Mewso still keen to setup "standalone" vaping forum after watching / following what going on on UK Vapers. Seems crazy altogether.

Yes its very sad because its a great forum, hopefully things will level out there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Jason really threw his toys - all of them - out of the pram over this one. Frankly, I'd now be reluctant to deal with his company at all and anyway it's not like there's no competition in the marketplace.
    Wonderful own goal and I haven't laughed so hard since my Gran caught her tits in the mangle.

Totally Wicked? Total Something else.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Update - see www.ukvapers.com - to remain closed for personal reasons

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Totally mental....I know at the end of the day he's a business man, and his his company(which is pretty ****ing large) to think of, but going completely off the wall over this, when he infact started it with that video is mental.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

And not just the video, he was basically trolling the forums. Sure he got a flood of personal abuse, but from what I saw he provoked every last bit of it himself, and then went on to troll ECF as well, but luckily didn't manage to provoke such a reaction there.

In fairness, their may be more than one side to the story, Jason get his say on Click Bang and both sides came across as ..rephrase that neither side came across as blameless.
    Never a good idea to get into a flame war if your business is internet based, methinks Jason is counting on forums being the smallest part of the web market, he might be right too.

http://vapersplace.com/vplive/ is the show if you have over 2 hours to spare.
    Sadly I did :( Man I need a life.

Whatever the rights and wrongs on the situation, the reality is that ukvapers.com is now closed permanently, although it may rise again in another guise. See statement at http://ukvapers.com/ This is a real shame, as I found it to be a very useful forum in many respects.

Thats a shame, lots of mod sellers will feel the loss. Not to mention us end users who learned a lot their.(and here, :) )

Timing was rotten it seems. Remember people this is the internet and their are real people using it.

ukvapers.org is up and running now. Mostly the same team as the old site

tommy2bad wrote: »
    http://vapersplace.com/vplive/ is the show if you have over 2 hours to spare.
    Sadly I did :( Man I need a life.

YOU need a life?!?

I was listening live whilst in the #ukvapers chatroom to get their take on things as it went on.

Now THAT'S fucking saaaaaaad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Another new forum has emerged from the chaos:

http://www.supportukvapers.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

splitters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Heh.
    "If we receive any legal threats we have a legal department that will deal directly with them."
    Hopefully by booting out the offenders first - like what should have happened to Jason and anyone who continued to stir it up.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Advertisement