Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone notice a drop in traffic starting two days ago?

Options
  • 05-07-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed a drop in their traffic since the 3rd July? Traffic to one of my sites has dropped by about 70% and I'm trying to figure out what has caused it.

It's Google traffic that has been hit, that's all I know so far. :confused:

None of my other sites have been affected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Not that i have noticed on any sites - Any major ranking drops ??

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

penguin+2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Nope ..

The opposite on one site, a 20% increase for no reason that I can figure, when I was expecting it to decline.

Slight dips in a two- expected 'cos it's summer for some of the target audience.

And a big jump in two - but it's totally driven by major local events. (Volvo Ocean Race!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Not that i have noticed on any sites - Any major ranking drops ??

Nothing that I've noticed. It's still down, which is a pain in the ass as it means it's probably going to stay that way.

@chet zar - according to SEOmoz http://www.seomoz.org/google-algorithm-change the last Google update was June 8, maybe it's only just filtered down to Ireland, but I'd have expected a few others to have experienced a drop too if it had.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 *Pexus1976*

It's Penguin, the algorithm is quiet complicated but very well put together. I know a number of Irish and UK high profile sites that have been hit.

The algorithm appears to be an on going program rather than a once off initiative. It uses a lot of data in order to assertain the relevance of the website to the related search terms. But the good news is, with a few changes you can increase your serps with time. Trial and error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Animal Farm again? Perhaps the people in Google think that the world celebrates US Independence Day and therefore all traffic should disappear?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

It's Penguin, the algorithm is quiet complicated but very well put together. I know a number of Irish and UK high profile sites that have been hit.

The algorithm appears to be an on going program rather than a once off initiative. It uses a lot of data in order to assertain the relevance of the website to the related search terms. But the good news is, with a few changes you can increase your serps with time. Trial and error.

When were they hit? My site only dropped early last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vikashmundaa

my site has seen drop too but it happened few weeks ago but not recent i think some more algorithm updates rolling on google.

Advertisement