Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student application?

Options
  • 05-07-2012 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know when mature student places will be offered? A friend of mine has IADT down as her number 2 choice on the CAO but has just been offered her fifth choice in waterford. Would she have got the IADT offer before the WIT one? I'm asking as I'm not sure how it works with mature applicants. I just remember for the leaving cert you would be offered the highest choice that was available to you based on your points but with many colleges having their own dates for mature offers, I'm wondering is it worth her waiting for the for a possible spot in IADT?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 power982

I put IADT as second choice aswell and was not offered it. I rang IADT and they said the only make early offers (now) if the applicant got 600 in their portfolio. Otherwise we are lumped in with everyone at the end of august mature student or not. So there is a good chance that your friend will be offered a place later on in iadt if she got a good portfolio score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

power982 wrote: »
    I put IADT as second choice aswell and was not offered it. I rang IADT and they said the only make early offers (now) if the applicant got 600 in their portfolio. Otherwise we are lumped in with everyone at the end of august mature student or not. So there is a good chance that your friend will be offered a place later on in iadt if she got a good portfolio score.

Thanks for the reply but she didn't submit a portfolio as she has applied for the BSc in Applied Psychology course which is part of the school of creative technologies and according to the website mature students need only submit a portfolio in courses that are in the school of creative arts. I wonder does the same apply to every course then as you've said above? I'll get her to ring IADT on Monday to find out, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 power982

Ah, sorry I assumed. Yes, do call the admissions office. They were very friendly and helpful. It looks like IADT make most of their offers later rather than earlier from what they said to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 meabhaline

Hey

Not sure if this helps but i applied as a mature student for the business and arts management course in IADT, I put it down as my first choice. I got my CAO offer through on Thursday.

But previous to that I had gotten a few mails from DIT saying I was unsuccessful for the courses i had applied for which i didn't mind cause IADT was what i wanted more. So i just mailed IADT sometime round mid June about it and they confirmed i was offered the place.

Advertisement