Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic

Options
  • 05-07-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Howdy,

The Killers are one of my favourite bands. Now I see they are playing the Electric Picnic this year. Now I have never been to a festival before and I suffer with anxiety. I wouldn't be camping or anything because I live in Portlaoise.

Would it be worth going or would I just be bringing hell down on myself?
    Has anybody been at it before that could give me an honest opinion of what it actually like.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mimbo wrote: »
    Howdy,

The Killers are one of my favourite bands. Now I see they are playing the Electric Picnic this year. Now I have never been to a festival before and I suffer with anxiety. I wouldn't be camping or anything because I live in Portlaoise.

Has anybody been at it before that could give me an honest opinion of what it actually like.

Thanks

I've never been to EP myself so I couldn't give you my honest opinion, however you should check out this thread, it might help,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056384130&page=63

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Mimbo wrote: »
    Howdy,

Thanks

It's normally a very relaxed and easy going festival. It depends how badly you suffer I suppose.

Do you go to gigs normally? If you're ok at a normal packed gig you'll be fine at the Picnic, the campsites late at night are when things get rowdy at festivals normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mimbo

Yeah I do go to gigs but I normally go to the seating area if I can. If I half to stand I normally quick to the edge of the crowd.

I would like to be able to bring my medication with me just in case but that could be difficult because surely they would confiscate any pills etc especially if they show you taking anything.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

valium

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mimbo

Howdy,

My doctor doesn't believe in valium at all because its highly addictive. I do get xanax off him up and down. Maybe that's the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Just expect to be in the midst of a few thousand people....

if you want to try, hypno-theraphy may also help.

But the electric picnic is probably the best gig you could go to with your condition as a 'first gig'.
    There are lots of well lit exits after... the crowds are always friendly.. lots of medics and security.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They won't confiscate prescription drugs. People take legitimate pills for everything and no one will say anything if they see you taking one (maybe if you bite it in half and give the other to someone else though). Just make sure it is in the proper packaging and has the prescription information on it. There'll be plenty of space at The Killers I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The Killers will be on the main stage so it will be easy to get somewhere that gives you a bit more room to breath and feel calm. I suffer a bit from anxiety in very packed places and have had no problems at the Picnic (i've been 5 times).

At the main stage I've either hung out at the back or odd as it may seem at the sound desk, even though it can be packed around there I feel better having a bit of space at my back or side so standing right at the cage that surrounds the sound desk gives me that comfort.

Make sure not to miss out on the other bands in the tents before the Killers, just hang near the openings and you'll usually find a bit of space, sometimes I go towards the sides you mightn't have the best view of the bands but you'll have a bit more space around you.

Do go though. But with your condition don't be getting too locked or trying any non-prescription drugs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Please use the main EP thread.

Please refrain from giving medical advice on boards.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement