Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on choosing between two IT courses

Options
  • 05-07-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello there

I have been offered a place on the Higher Diploma in Computing (springboard) in Griffith College and a place on the Graduate Diploma in Information Technology in DCU. The Griffith College course is a Springboard course and so is free, its two full days a week for a year. The DCU one costs about €2750 and is two evenings a week for two years. The course content looks much the same when it's laid out on the page and the difference in cost puts the Griffith College course ahead however I'm wondering if its a case of the Griffith course looking too good to be true. Has anyone done the computing course in Griffith? Is the reputation of DCU worth paying for? At the moment I'm leaning towards the Griffith College one and thinking that if I can do this basic conversion course at no cost I would be in much the same position as the DCU one would put me in however if not I could then spend money on more learning if necessary. Any thoughts or comments welcome!

Advertisement