Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting

Options
  • 05-07-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

How would one go about getting a waiting job in Galway with no experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

With great difficulty it would seem....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Yardleys Lavender

Go into places and asking??

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Half the people in cafes,restaurants arrive with no experience.
    The amount of Polish I know working in cafes came here first with no experience got a friend to get them the job and they learnt on the job.
    They had basic English so if they can do it anyone can.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Find a friend whose working in a cafe, and ask them to recommend you. (Even better, try everyone you know. And your parents and neighbours friends too - does anyone in your entire circle know anyone who works in or owns a restaurant?)

New in town, and have no contacts? Ask your housemates / the people in the hostel / the neighbours / pretty much anyone you come across.

Or just walk in with a CV and ask anyway .. nothing ventured, nothing gained. Choose a time when it's quiet, ideally early in the day when there are few customers around, but the manager might have time to speak to you. Ask for the manager, adn try to chat.

Worst case, the Radisson are likely to advertise some no-experience-required jobs during race week. Pretty hard work, clearing glasses and the like, and I'm told there's a bit of groping from the patrons (never tried it myself :) ) ... but it's a way to get some hospitality experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

JustMary wrote: »

Worst case, the Radisson are likely to advertise some no-experience-required jobs during race week. Pretty hard work, clearing glasses and the like, and I'm told there's a bit of groping from the patrons (never tried it myself :) )

Which one ?

Groper or gropee ?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Try applying for a job at the races. The level of service there last year was shocking so you have every chance. Plus the interview was just over 4 minutes so it won't cut into your day to get the job.
    I am being genuine incase this is taken as sarcasm. I worked there last year and it was my first year at the races, was shocked theres people behind the bar that have never been in a pub never mind worked in one, so it really is a good chance to get some experience.
    www.lydonhousecatering.com is the name of the company that you need to get in touch with.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

paulington wrote: »
    How would one go about getting a waiting job in Galway with no experience?
    Same as everywhere else. Go around the places and ask. Drop CVs off.
    Is it only waiting you want to do?

Advertisement