Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remington vs hornady .204 ammo

Options
  • 05-07-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Hi lads i was ringing around pricing .204 ammo when i came across a dealer with 40gr remington accutip v's, haven't heard much about them in 204 so googled them and read on a few sites where lads were saying they are the same load as hornady with a different colour tip, any of ye hear this? Is it true?

Just curious whether to try them out or not as they were a few euro a box dearer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

ormondprop wrote: »
    Hi lads i was ringing around pricing .204 ammo when i came across a dealer with 40gr remington accutip v's, haven't heard much about them in 204 so googled them and read on a few sites where lads were saying they are the same load as hornady with a different colour tip, any of ye hear this? Is it true?

Just curious whether to try them out or not as they were a few euro a box dearer
    I was told they were the same ,aswell .
    Best way to find out is chono them ,imo.
    It would be nice to see a factory .204 shoot the 40s ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

From what i read is that the Premier AccuTip is Remingtons best selling round.Its polymer tips are supposed to deliver a very flat trajectory and a devastating terminal performance. Its heads expands quickly. Remingtons AccuTip-V polymer tips are also very accurate which have very quick,explosive expansion at high velocities and have flat trajectory. Its 32grain is 4,225fps and the 40 grain is 3,900fps on the 204. Great reviews even up to 500yards. You may buy a fews boxs. Page 85 of sporting rifle magazine tomcat;)
    When are you going to give me a go of your .204?:)

Advertisement