Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the QFA exams worth doing?

Options
  • 05-07-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

Im just wondering has anybody any thoughts on the QFA exams. Im currently a trainee accountant and am interested in doing the QFAs so I have another option when I qualify as there is a corporate finace divsion in my firm and I would be interested in transferring. However when I started looking into them it seems like there soley for bank employees. I know that my collegues in the corporate finance department have the qualification. Would they be of any benefit to me to have on my CV?

Any imput would be appreciated as Im finding it very hard to get info on them apart from the LIA and IOB websites!

Thanks a mil :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

annabbt wrote: »
    Hi,

Im just wondering has anybody any thoughts on the QFA exams. Im currently a trainee accountant and am interested in doing the QFAs so I have another option when I qualify as there is a corporate finace divsion in my firm and I would be interested in transferring. However when I started looking into them it seems like there soley for bank employees. I know that my collegues in the corporate finance department have the qualification. Would they be of any benefit to me to have on my CV?

Any imput would be appreciated as Im finding it very hard to get info on them apart from the LIA and IOB websites!

Thanks a mil :)

Well as I understand it QFA is aimed at people providing financial advise to the general public, so if this is a common qualification in your corporate finance department, it begs the question as what services it offers???

In corporate finance I would have expected the expertise would be in taxation, law, Finance and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

I work in corporate finance / M&A and QFA's would be pretty useless in that line of work. Accountancy is the most useful qualification for you can have for corporate finance, 75% of people in my place are accountants.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Completely useless for Corporate Finance - The QFA is related to giving advice to consumers, corporate finance advisory work is to companies/governement, etc. Save the cash and time and use it to study for your accounting exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Are you thinking about the CFA qualification?

Advertisement