Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aritech cs 350 problem

Options
  • 05-07-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

i went to replace my external bell to a plastic enclosed one when i had a problem with my alarm, when activated it only rings the internal bell. i tried to follow instructions on bell box but the connections it says to make conflict with the ones on the aritech manual. now after failing to solve the problem, my rkp is saying panel data fault and the rkp doesn't operate any more. im not sure what i didi wrong or what to do to sort it. all 4 cables for rkp weren't touched and are still connected in panel as normal. im not sure if my messing with it has fried the panel. any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

flantastic wrote: »
    i went to replace my external bell to a plastic enclosed one when i had a problem with my alarm, when activated it only rings the internal bell. i tried to follow instructions on bell box but the connections it says to make conflict with the ones on the aritech manual. now after failing to solve the problem, my rkp is saying panel data fault and the rkp doesn't operate any more. im not sure what i didi wrong or what to do to sort it. all 4 cables for rkp weren't touched and are still connected in panel as normal. im not sure if my messing with it has fried the panel. any help greatly appreciated

It sounds like you may have the bell connected to the control panel wrong and that in turn could be causing the issue with the keypad. What type external bell are you looking to connect?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Post a picture of the wiring the panel as it is now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you tell us what external bell your using & what the connections are we can post up the corresponding connections to your CS350

• Registered Users Posts: 46 flantastic

not at home tonight but will post as soon as i can. will be posted tomorow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

flantastic wrote: »
    not at home tonight but will post as soon as i can. will be posted tomorow evening

No worries, more than happy to get it working correctly..

• Advertisement

sabb model is a vortex type bell box.wiring connections in sabb are from top to bottom
    • BTO= NO CABLE/EMPTY
    • BTI+= RED
    • BTI-=BLACK
    • HOLD+=RED
    • HOLD-=BLACK
    • TG-=BLUE
    • STB=GREEN
    • RETURN=WHITE
    connections in panel are made with red from sabb in no. 4,blue from sabb in no.5 and the black from sabb i had in no.16 with white from sabb in no.17 and green was put in no.7. these were the connections that were listed in the vortex manual for the aritech cs350. did all this and external sabb wouldn't sound . internal one worked fine. now the rkp is saying panel data so i don't knoiw whats going on with it. i've attached photo's. thanks for the help lads. ive since disconnected the black,white and green and thats the photo you see

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

OK . Lets get the keypad going first. Disconnect all the bell cables one by one & see if it comes back.
    After that check your connections 14 & 15 .
    Is there just one keypad ?

yeah just one keypad

i'll try removing them but im not at home tonight so i'll keep you posted when i get back home,

No problem. Post up when that's done and we'll take it from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement