Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given a ridiculous infraction

Options
  • 05-07-2012 7:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

I just received this mail:

yekahS wrote:
    Dear Denerick,

You have been infracted for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

yekahS

Your post:
    Denerick wrote: »

thats_the_joke_medium.jpg

I would like to point out the following:

1) There was no such 'mod warning' before I made that post.

2) The rage thread is supposed to be friendly towards light hearted banter, the use of a common simpsons theme to pick fun at someone a bit too thick to get a joke (Somebody didn't get the humour about Russian language swearing) is so common on these kinds of threads that it has entered the common internet lexicon for standard interaction with others.

3) Its a stupid fooking infraction.

In the interests of full disclosure, I'll show my response to him, which may have been somewhat hot tempered but in my opinion fully legitimate:
    me wrote:
    Are you for real? There was no moderator warning when I made my post, and it wasn't malicious in any way. What a joke. This kind of post is very common in both the rage and the YLYL threads. For Christs sake. I'm taking this to a CMod as it is my opinion that you are metaphorically masturbating to this kind of powertripping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi Denerick ,

One of the Rec Mods will look at this as soon as we can.

Thanks

Micky

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi Denerick

For full disclosure I requested the full PM exchange from the mod in question.

This issue was more or less resolved, so I am kicking this back to you and the mod. If it needs to be looked at again, I will do so.

While I understand your frustration you would also be well advised to adjust your attitude when dealing with people.

Micky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I agree it was something of a storm in a teacup, but my honour was at stake!

I'm happy if the mod is happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Denerick wrote: »
    I agree it was something of a storm in a teacup, but my honour was at stake!

I'm happy if the mod is happy.

All good on this end.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement