Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Callers

• 05-07-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I am a newbie here , would appreciate views/comments on my post:
    Today I answered the door to a middle aged lady (Irish) who was carrying out a survey for An Post and asked for a few minutes of my time. I obliged and let her in. The questions began with An Post (how often do you use the service, how happy etc) and became increasingly intrusive - about my bank, banking habits,(not bank numbers ) spending habits, family set up, ages, profession and finally when she asked for my name and address I showed her the door. When this little lady left my house I felt as though I had just been robbed without seeing anything! What I would like to know is - do these people have a right to extract information at random like this? What is the best way to deal with this? Having been in business, I like to help out where i feel I can be of some assistance to the economy. But where to draw the line? Has anybody here encountered this and how did they deal with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

I wouldn't engage with these people at all. You don't know if they're legit or scammers or checking the place out to come back later and rob you blind.

A polite "I'm not interested" and if that doesn't work a not so polite "F-off".

Anyway not the Forum for this, Try Humanities.....I can't think of a better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Francais

LALUNE wrote: »
    Hi, I am a newbie here , would appreciate views/comments on my post:
    Today I answered the door to a middle aged lady (Irish) who was carrying out a survey for An Post and asked for a few minutes of my time. I obliged and let her in. The questions began with An Post (how often do you use the service, how happy etc) and became increasingly intrusive - about my bank, banking habits,(not bank numbers ) spending habits, family set up, ages, profession and finally when she asked for my name and address I showed her the door. When this little lady left my house I felt as though I had just been robbed without seeing anything! What I would like to know is - do these people have a right to extract information at random like this? What is the best way to deal with this? Having been in business, I like to help out where i feel I can be of some assistance to the economy. But where to draw the line? Has anybody here encountered this and how did they deal with it?

Did you get Airtricity cold callers yet? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LALUNE

Francis, get back to me when you think up a real loller....
    That airtricity one is a bit limp.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Time to take this to an appropriate forum such as consumer issues:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

Advertisement