Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronic cigarette causes massive ‘Terror Scare’ on UK motorway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Did you know the Daily Mail causes stupidity?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

Any word on what race the guy with the 'smoking aid' was?

Also - bit weird that there are no eye witnesses from the bus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Was it me?
    I keep being accused of sucking a biro, who knows what confusion it may cause.
    I am still off the fags though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

doopa wrote: »

why is his/her race important?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

It's understood the bus driver called police at 8.20am after suspicions were raised about the passenger. His call prompted a major response from the emergency services.

So what were the police supposed to do?

Ah it's probably one of those electronic cigarette thingys....... you'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

over e ciggies ,cant they catch real criminals :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

This never would have happened with a real cigarette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This was definitely a pre Olympic Games training exercise. Obvious. They got everyone they could involved, guys with tents in case it was 'biological', the bomb disposal unit in case it was 'explosive' and the guys with the guns in case there were 'terrorists' on board. For a cigarette. If it was just a cigarette why didn't the guy just say what it was?

No one on board saw the smoke and yet they reported that passing cars saw smoke.If there really was a bomb on board why did they set up the holding area before a massive concrete toll booth, which would have saved them from most of the shrapnel if the bus exploded.

over e ciggies ,cant they catch real criminals :mad:

It's called caution. Then they realised the thing was unfounded and normal life resumed. No big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Armed officers, troops, firefighters and bomb disposal experts were all scrambled to the scene after a passenger reported seeing vapour coming from a man's bag.
    I have an electronic cigarette, and while you press a button when you inhale, you have to do the inhaling part or else you aren't going to get smoke. I don't just press the button and smoke comes out. So, the passenger was probably smoking with the bag in their face or something. In short, this could have been avoided if the guy told the bus driver about the e-cig as pubs generally allow you to smoke e-cigs, and I'd be inclined to say a bus would too.

As for the bit about the guns, Run to da hills, do you think if they had guns in this situation they'd have jumped on the bus and shot the bus up? Or what was the relevance of guns to this situation?

• Advertisement

doopa wrote: »

Also - bit weird that there are no eye witnesses from the bus?

Wonder how much his house was worth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Pushtrak wrote: »

As for the bit about the guns, Run to da hills, do you think if they had guns in this situation they'd have jumped on the bus and shot the bus up? Or what was the relevance of guns to this situation?
    Guns can be very intimidating, also god knows what could have happened if a passenger spooked and reacted not accordingly, passengers have already got shot in the UK for similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

For a cigarette. If it was just a cigarette why didn't the guy just say what it was?
    Are you thinking it wasn't an actual e-cig or are you doubting peoples inclination to do dumb shit?
    No one on board saw the smoke and yet they reported that passing cars saw smoke.
    Huh?
    It's understood the bus driver called police at 8.20am after suspicions were raised about the passenger. His call prompted a major response from the emergency services.
    So, it was people in other cars contacted the bus driver? Did they do it telepathically?
    If there really was a bomb on board why did they set up the holding area before a massive concrete toll booth, which would have saved them from most of the shrapnel if the bus exploded.
    I'm not seeing your point here..

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

why is his/her race important?

Its not important - just idle curiousity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Wonder will a person seen smoking here in a car will get the same reaction from the guards? What? Fec off etc..lol

These electronic cigarettes have been out now how long? Couple of years I think..
    I only saw my first ones this week...they should have done an ad to show people what they look like...would have worked out much cheaper rather than how much this all in show of force/exercise would have cost them..

Read else where..English metro online paper, that the motorway was closed for 90 minutes and drivers were told no a/c and keep the windows closed...
    The sun was out, imagine the heat in the cars:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

With the way the laws are going at the moment it will only be a matter of time before all smokers get the terrorist, bomb sqauad, biological warfare treatment.

*sigh - if only I could travel back to the 60's , 70's, 80's when men were real men and not pansie ass's like they are today.

Every bloke I look at these days has about 30% girl in him

Makes me want to run up, tear open my shirt to reveal my hairy chest while saying grrrr followed by a swift headbutt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Stiffler2 wrote: »

Every bloke I look at these days has about 30% girl in him

Lucky bastards, I can't even convince my missus to try using a strap-on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Lucky bastards, I can't even convince my missus to try using a strap-on.

you want your missus to ride you with a strap on

see my post above

Quote - every bloke has 30% girl in him

evidence ^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Electronic cigarettes are gay. Only right he got punished for it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Police using the Olympics as an excuse to get jiggy. When you have guns and tazers everyone looks like a terrorist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    Makes me want to run up, tear open my shirt to reveal my hairy chest while saying grrrr followed by a swift headbutt

Which you will probably receive from the nearest passerby.

Advertisement