Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

employment issue

Options
  • 05-07-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi i new to this just looking for bit of information i work as a teamleader and recently got transfered to a new department ,I informed the management of the problem areas that needed to be looked at to improve the department, eg ,training wasnt up to a high standard ,staff were not working to their best abilities etc THIS FELL ON DEAF EARS, just recently i was called into a meeting and informed that the department had failed in some areas ( operators were actually asleep on the job while i was out of the area and attending meetings (all of which i had mentioned to them and ignored ) they said that I was fully resonsible for the sleeping operators and everything else ,just wondering from a legal point if this is actually the case ,i feel that as i had already pointed out the problems that its their responsiblity and they should have acted on them when i first informed them ,i feel like i took the fall while they just put the blame on me ,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Who did you voice your concerns to? And was it in writing??

As team leader, I think if you knew that certain areas needed to be addressed, then it would be down to YOU to address them, surely?

What have you done to address them? Have you organised specific training, coaching, quiet word in the ear to buck their ideas up??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mr red

hi thanks for the reply ,I should have included the details I am team leader for this area but my control of the area would be very limited ,I could give my opinion to my mamagers but they are the ones with the final say ,I had expressed my opinions and concerns at a meeting about the operators etc but they did not act ,my input is all I would be permitted , I cant act on it without the go ahead of management ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Fair enough. But you should push the issue. It doesn't seem fair that there are known problems, which have been pointed out, but the blame seems to be on you.

I would seek another meeting and again air your concerns. Make sure it is minuted or take your own notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mr red

thanks ,appreciate reply

Advertisement