Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange thing happened today...

• 05-07-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Strange thing happened today... My friend asked me to help him move his mobile number to Tesco Mobile. I rang customer care and gave them all required details.

Few hours later my friend came to me and told me, his sim card is still active, although it shludn't be. He was also recieving text messages and calls from strangers. So I checked both cards (making calls all directions) and I was ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED WHAT I HAVE DISCOVERED!

Tesco Customer Care has mistyped my friend's mobile number and moved someone else's number instead. I didn't realise it's so easy to 'hack' someone's number... I'm afraid poor lady missed her train :/
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

time to report that to comreg id say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

bbarf wrote: »
    Strange thing happened today... My friend asked me to help him move his mobile number to Tesco Mobile. I rang customer care and gave them all required details.

Few hours later my friend came to me and told me, his sim card is still active, although it shludn't be. He was also recieving text messages and calls from strangers. So I checked both cards (making calls all directions) and I was ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED WHAT I HAVE DISCOVERED!

Tesco Customer Care has mistyped my friend's mobile number and moved someone else's number instead. I didn't realise it's so easy to 'hack' someone's number... I'm afraid poor lady missed her train :/

What have you discovered ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

bbarf wrote: »

It was o2 that did the port not tesco. There meant to call the number or send a text to get you to confirm you actually own the mobile three did it with me,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

mattjack wrote: »

Some poor lost soul in trouble with catching a train, rang her mother only to be greeted by heavy breathing and fapping sounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Me too!!
    I went to the fridge to get some Club Orange, only to find someone had drank it all. So then I went to the shop and got some more. And then I drank some. And I'm drinking some more right now.
    Crazy stuff altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 bbarf

mattjack wrote: »

Someone can easily hack your mobile number... :]

Advertisement