Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about Direct Debit vs Pay Now

Options
  • 05-07-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭

I have moved out of a rented house and my final bill is set to be paid by direct debit on the 18th. If I pay this bill online right now is that fine or would the direct debit still go through on the 18th? (aka would I be paying twice)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Inkie

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I have moved out of a rented house and my final bill is set to be paid by direct debit on the 18th. If I pay this bill online right now is that fine or would the direct debit still go through on the 18th? (aka would I be paying twice)

Hi Bubbaclaus, you have to make your payment up to 5/6 working days before the collection date, so ya if you pay it now it won't be taken from your bank. You pretty much have up to the 10th/11th :) !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hi Bubbaclaus,

Inkie would be correct here, it generally takes about 5/6 working days for a direct debit request to be processed. So if you are looking to make a manual payment you would need to be doing so by the 10/11th just to be on the safe side. I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Mark

Advertisement