Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominick Streets petit rouge

Options
  • 05-07-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Great to see this street with new businesses and cleaned up buildings.
    Have eaten in Rouge and really liked it,walked down there today and noticed Le Petit Rouge accross the street from Rouge.
    Another restaurant I presume or is it a cafe,anyone know what are they doing and I presume it's the same owners.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Same owners. I understand it's going to be a wine bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

That's what I hear too. What they've done so far inside looks really nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Winebar/bistro.

Much the same as Java, maybe a little less coffee and buns and more wine and cheese.

Laurent and his wife opening it (people who own Rouge and Java).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Decor looks great so far. will be a nice addition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I think it's going to be a winebar (as mentioned above) to free up room in the main restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Wine, cheese and a few tapas. Anyone know when it actually opens though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Great to see a wine / cheese option in the city. Makes a good date night. Didn't do it often but sometimes did it in Sheridan's on the dock until it was forced to close. Is there any other place like that in the city?

newkie wrote: »
    Great to see a wine / cheese option in the city. Makes a good date night. Didn't do it often but sometimes did it in Sheridan's on the dock until it was forced to close. Is there any other place like that in the city?

Upstairs in sheridans cheese mongers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

went by this last night and it looks fab - its not small either - it's very long and plenty of space - I reckon it will be full service in there too, not just the wine and cold platters

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

If it's as good as Rouge with their delicious steak then I'm all for this.

• Advertisement

Had a look in the other day, it's just wine and cheese/cold meats/crackers/preserves. No hot food and no food menu.

I can't say I'll be in there very often but they have a massive selection of wines and loads of cheeses and meats and sweet stuff too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Dined in Rouge last night for the first time. Wow, was great!

Amuse-bouche: small servings of onion soup, bruchetta with cheese and salmon pate in a wrap.

Main: Striploin Steak with pepper sauce and gratin dauphinois.

All the above for €15, great value.

Then shared the selection of deserts for two. Was about €6 each. Included two small portions of creme brulee, chocolate mouse, biscuit stick thing with cream and strawberry, profiterole with ice cream and some kind of custard thing.

Everything was delicious, we were very impressed - will definitely be back! The new place is looking well, looks ready to open.

Only downside was their selection of beers (cans). Not much of a wine fan, would have liked a choice of a few nice bottled beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I heard it's going to be slightly smaller than the original place.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I heard it's going to be slightly smaller than the original place.

It's open.
    It's a lot longer but not as wide. The place goes way back.

Advertisement