Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC one v help please

Options
  • 05-07-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I had to have the factory settings restored today by the Meteor store.

I have lost a few contacts since but the problem is - when i re-enter them they are not immediately coming up in 'people app'. I have go in an export them to the Sim.
    Phone is only reading from the Sim instead of phone too.
    What setting am i missing here.

Should add - under phonebook, i have both sim and phone selected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sssssiiiiimon

jecca1 wrote: »
    I had to have the factory settings restored today by the Meteor store.

I have lost a few contacts since but the problem is - when i re-enter them they are not immediately coming up in 'people app'. I have go in an export them to the Sim.
    Phone is only reading from the Sim instead of phone too.
    What setting am i missing here.

Should add - under phonebook, i have both sim and phone selected.

Hi this is a simple thing to fix.

First of all go to people.
    Then at the top of the screen you will see a phonebook tab.
    Press the tab
    Then press phone and check the circles.
    This will then display your phone contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Hi,
    Sounds like you got an answer there hopefully.

Do you mind if i Hi-jack slightly and ask how you are finding the One V in general?
    I'm just about to buy one for my mother, but don't know anybody who has ever had one, only saw one for first time in shop yesterday. Looks good to me, decent features and spec for the price as far as i can tell.

Any major pro's or con's you've come accross so far?

Thanks
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jecca1

Thanks for the replies.
    Ssssiiiiiiimon - i had already done that and it didnt fix it. Turns out all contacts were being sent to Google, have changed some extra settings and i 'think' i have it back now.

DavyD_83 - phone is grand. Does everything i need it to do and more. I was originally getting the HTC one S but girl in Meteor talked me to this one based on what i told her i need (and saved me 150e):D

The only issue i had was it needed to be reset on thurs last. U are supposed to turn HTC fones off about once a week to reboot itself (or something like that). Even if its only for a minute. Was news to me!

Other than that its a great little phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭GIMP

I have this phone, good handset, but I have found the network reception is very weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cheapphones

Interesting, Is it the network or the phone?? I have found HTC's in the past to be a little bit on the troublesome side with regards to signal.. In particular the HTC Wildfire Model was a pain in the butt!!

We tended to sell something else as the first 4/5 seemed to come back to the store!!

• Advertisement

Def the phone is at fault, I'm on my second phone because of the weak signal on the phone Itself. I have an excellent network signal where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jecca1

I have this fone on Meteor and have very little signal probs thankfully.:D

Hi jecca, l find if you cover the back of the phone with your hand while using the handset the signal drops off dramatically. Tends to effect 3g mostly in my experience.

Advertisement