Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi bottles for wine or beer??

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Not recommended for beer unless you're planning to store in complete darkness, as the beer will get lightstruck otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

These are wafer thin and will explode if you bottle condition in them. even putting hot water near them smashes them. ok for wine I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I have got about 8 of these LOrina bottles, they sell them in tesco with Cloudy lemonade in them, I have not used them for beer though, my parents are using them for elderflower wine..

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

I have got about 8 of these LOrina bottles, they sell them in tesco with Cloudy lemonade in them, I have not used them for beer though, my parents are using them for elderflower wine..

I use them a lot too. They are rugged and tough, those water bottles always look risky to me. In my local I can get 2x Lorina lemonade for £5 which makes those water bottles look like very expensive bottle bombs.

Worth looking around on alpack.ie for their 1L bottles, which might be just around the same price, and there are good reports on this forum for their toughness.

Advertisement