Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bought a VT500E

• 06-07-2012 1:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

VT500E_1986(5).jpg

As in the photo but it's a 87 with the obligatory hand painted black paintjob but it's a complete running bike for E250. Me 'n' me mate went halves on it and we plan on getting it running, then tearing it down. Lick o' paint lick o' paint and see what happens.

We're thinking about either a stock ish resto or a streetfighter thing or maybe a few cafe racer bits? It's all just for a larf either way. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

very nice, is that the actual bike? If so she is straight as an arrow and very clean.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wicklowbiker

cantdecide wrote: »
    VT500E_1986(5).jpg

As in the photo but it's a 87 with the obligatory hand painted black paintjob but it's a complete running bike for E250. Me 'n' me mate went halves on it and we plan on getting it running, then tearing it down. Lick o' paint lick o' paint and see what happens.

We're thinking about either a stock ish resto or a streetfighter thing or maybe a few cafe racer bits? It's all just for a larf either way. Any suggestions?
    It's in good shape for an 87. Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I dont think thats the actual bike, from the way the OP described the paint job on theirs, nice looking bike all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Run away ;)

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

He doesnt need to run away, he's got a motorbike :)

Did you get all the paperwork with it? its old enough, does it run OP?

• Advertisement

Merch wrote: »
    He doesnt need to run away, he's got a motorbike :)

Did you get all the paperwork with it? its old enough, does it run OP?

Might be sfare to run :p

OP congrats on the purchase, there's pretty much nothing you can do to make a VT worse, the only way is up from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They are a nice motor, that v-twin is the ancestor of most of the v-twins after it, Bros, Revere, Transalp, Africa twin, Deauville etc.
    Enjoy it OP and I'd probably try and restore it to standard condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

€250? You were robbed...

'cptr

CJhaughey wrote: »
    They are a nice motor, that v-twin is the ancestor of most of the v-twins after it, Bros, Revere, Transalp, Africa twin, Deauville etc.
    Enjoy it OP and I'd probably try and restore it to standard condition.

Yes, the motor is an ancient ancestor of most Honda twins, the Shadow shares the same engine (suprised you missed that), not the weak point.

Advertisement