Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dooradoyle gym

• 06-07-2012 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Any good? its quite near so I'm considering joining. What facilities do they have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 misswhat

I've been in there before, they gym is clean enough, they have a small pool, and if memory serves quite a selection on classes! Fairly packed in the evening with the same heads hogging machines, but it's clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Janet1986

There is a gym in the southcourt hotel in raheen open to the public.
    Evolution gym is the name, they got all new equipment in.

Way cheaper than the Dooradoyle gym ( no pool tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭munsterkerryfan

Anybody know what the Evolution Gym in the Southcourt is like?

Looking to join a gym in the Dooradoyle/Raheen area and saw this advertised but don't know anybody who is a member. Is it busy there in the evenings (last gym I was a member of had queues for some machines in the evenings - would like to avoid that if possible).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If you are looking for a gym that side of the city. Woodlands have a good gym (sister is a member there). Also I believe the Maldron is a good set up too (friend of mine is member)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭munsterkerryfan

Mc Love wrote: »
    If you are looking for a gym that side of the city. Woodlands have a good gym (sister is a member there). Also I believe the Maldron is a good set up too (friend of mine is member)

Thanks for the advice. Woodlands in Adare is a bit far out - would prefer something closer. Must check out the Maldron.

Evolution gym in Southcourt is within walking distance of my house so would be ideal if I could confirm it was a pretty good gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

I was a member of the Maldron gym, was pretty good and use to be handy to get to from Raheen, but then they shut the by-pass exit at the hotel.. kinda have to go the longer way round now.. its a pretty good gym.. was for my needs anyways...

best thing to do is spend an hour some evening and just call into each of them, they will give you a quick tour around the place.. best to call in the evening so you can get an idea of how busy each one is.

Advertisement