Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 8 Burglary

Options
  • 06-07-2012 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Just said I'd give a heads up as there's a few Dublin 8 heads around, but same applies to further a field. A house a few doors down from me got robbed at 11am today, just off Donore Ave. They went through the front door (which is usual as a good few of the roads around here have laneways at the back). This could be the start of something, there's been a few before during the day a while back and a few at night but that's a few months back, so it could be starting off again.

My main point for highlighting this is aside from making sure you always keep your doors locked when you go out/or even up the stairs, look out for you older neighbours especially, with the school runs over you don't get many people passing by houses around 1-3pm so it's ideal for these scumbags to strict.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Sounds like some scrotes have gotten out of jail and returned to thier old ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Thanks for the warning, im in Dublin 8. Know the area you are talking about, its usually very quiet around there during the day. There was another burglary near me two weeks ago, middle of the day, lullymore terrace. Loads of Neighbours getting those metal window grids at the moment in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Lovely, just when I'm thinking of swapping a flat for a house.

Don't mean to derail but a quick question for Gav:

Thinking of moving to a house in and around Gray Street, anything I need to be aware of?

I'm just off Thomas Street at the moment so I have a decent enough idea about the area. Just slightly concerned over moving from a flat that has 3 doors and 4 flights of stairs to get through before you can break in to a house with a just a front door to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

pithater1 wrote: »
    Lovely, just when I'm thinking of swapping a flat for a house.

Don't mean to derail but a quick question for Gav:

Thinking of moving to a house in and around Gray Street, anything I need to be aware of?

I'm just off Thomas Street at the moment so I have a decent enough idea about the area. Just slightly concerned over moving from a flat that has 3 doors and 4 flights of stairs to get through before you can break in to a house with a just a front door to get through.

I think if you have been living off Thomas Street you wont have any problems on Gray St. Its a nice little street in fairness. I usually pass through it twice a day at various time of the day/night on foot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I think if you have been living off Thomas Street you wont have any problems on Gray St. Its a nice little street in fairness. I usually pass through it twice a day at various time of the day/night on foot

Yeah I know, in fairness I'm just off Thomas Street, up four flights of stairs and behind a pretty large gate.

Slightly different dynamic between that and a house access wise.

I agree it is a lovely looking little street (although in fairness I wouldn't be considering moving there if I didn't like the area).

• Advertisement
Advertisement