Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House / Apartment share in Perth

Options
  • 06-07-2012 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm starting a job in Perth on the 3rd August. Looking to share an apartment or house with someone for a period .

I'm traveling down in late July. If you need some more information about me just send me a Private message.

Prices are sky high down there at the moment :(

Thanks and regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CarlowPerth

Prices only going to go higher im afraid were looking at at 130 dollar a week increase in our rent if the landloards asking price for the house beside us is anything to go by

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭ObviouslyJesus

Im here 4 months and still cant quite get the uproar of the price of rentals here. You earn at least three times you do in Ireland and its only marginally more expensive than somewhere like the pale. Fecking irish, but im sure you don’t mind handing over ten dollars for a pint of kangaroos piss in northbridge. Im trying to lose my accent cos at the mo its embarrassing being a paddy here

Id never be embarassed to be Irish

Every country has people abroad like we do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭ObviouslyJesus

im embarrassed here, im trying to integrate into australian society but everywhere i look theres some pasty ginger trundling down the road in three quarters adidas pants, white socks and a carlow or roscommon jersey with the collar up. we know you're from ireland, your milk bottle complexion and massive freckles the size of coco pops give you away

Do u mind me asking what you wear?? And if your 100% confident that people dont look at you and pass such remarks? i think a person continuing what they have done for the past 20 something years of there lives is not a bad thing. When Australians are in Ireland they dont put on GAA jerseys and try be somebody there not.....they just be themselves.....!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

im embarrassed here, im trying to integrate into australian society but everywhere i look theres some pasty ginger trundling down the road in three quarters adidas pants, white socks and a carlow or roscommon jersey with the collar up. we know you're from ireland, your milk bottle complexion and massive freckles the size of coco pops give you away

Heh, coincidentally enough I saw three lads walking out of Telstra on Murray Street at lunch today decked head to toe in the Irish uniform carrying bags with their new phones.

Stood out a mile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭leon76

I was asking for replies from people who may be interested in sharing an apartment or house with me. Simple as that. If you wish to moan please start your own thread. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nedbroy

A self hating Irishman in Australia how unusual! You don't wear GAA jerseys? You must be a real cosmopolitan!

Advertisement