Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Accounting

• 06-07-2012 8:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there anyone here that corrects and i was wondering about this. I badly need an A1 but noticed in the ratios question I made a mistake.

the ratio was
    How long it would take one ordinary share to recover its value at present pay out rate.

So first I put down MP/DPS and worked out the answer. But wasn't sure and gently crossed it out so the examiner could see it. Then I put down MP/EPS and worked it out.

Will i get any marks at all for the bit i crossed out? Does the examiner correct everything?

Any help
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Dps was the right one but since The EPS is so similar they will only correct this one. Saying this you wont get Zero. You should get about 4/5 out of ten for it.

P.S What Net Profit figure did you take for this question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Dps was the right one but since The EPS is so similar they will only correct this one. Saying this you wont get Zero. You should get about 4/5 out of ten for it.

P.S What Net Profit figure did you take for this question?

I would have took the 63000. The dps I worked out right and had the same answer to people here, it's just I crossed it out, they can still see it, once I don't loose the whole 10 it's ok:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Ya u defintiley wont lose full marks. I took the 63000 aswell but a whole load from my class took 43000 instead. Its the same as the 2007 paper except net profit isnt given. Dear god i hope were right.

Advertisement