Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHICH GAME TO GET+POLL

Options
  • 06-07-2012 8:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone
    i recently made a thread on this last week
    but wanted to start a new one with a poll
    since i still cant make me mind up

games are above, im leading towards skyrim or dark souls at the moment
    your help would be great :)

(TO MOD : you can delete my old thread if you want thanks)

i have 55 euro

but i only want 1 game

which game? 64 votes

Skyrim
    0%
    Dark souls
    59%
    CloverRi_NollaigionapaulTomComawkNailz[Deleted User]degrassinoelShrykeBlowfishGarHzero19TaltosNot The Real ScarecrowOSI[Deleted User]InRealityDunder MifflinMikeCork2009twinsen 38 votes
    Ghost recon FS
    15%
    tuxyBig KnoxGunmonkeyancapailldorchatok9ShadowHearthhypersquirrelNTMKpsugrueTubbs4 10 votes
    company of heroes the collection PC
    1%
    folan 1 vote
    Assassin creed collection
    7%
    the_sycojonskiSabre Man[Rasta]ríomhaire 5 votes
    Dragons Dogma
    0%
    MW3
    3%
    danthefanmartineatworld 2 votes
    Metal gear solid hd collection
    6%
    azezilMagillDazzaNinjaK 4 votes
    Counter strike source PC
    4%
    MitchKoobskiChris_Heilonghefferboi 3 votes
    other?
    1%
    Grimebox 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Dark souls
    value for money you cant beat skyrim, I put 80+ hours into that and that was before that new DLC was released.
    If you can only pick one, make it that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    value for money you cant beat skyrim, I put 80+ hours into that and that was before that new DLC was released.

i had skyrim before never completed it because my job took over all means of me life ha so i traded it in, loved the game but didnt have time for it
    seriously consider getting it
    i will probably get a deal with that and the new dlc as well

is the new dlc good? long? is it like a big new area or campaign

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Metal gear solid hd collection
    mw3 easy, it will keep you going til black ops 2 comes out

NinjaK wrote: »
    mw3 easy, it will keep you going til black ops 2 comes out

thanks for the vote
    sadly i wont be getting black ops 2
    didnt like black ops 1 at all except for the zombies
    i will most likely pick it up for the zombies again but not for 55e

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

why are you making this thread...

look at reviews online, look at videos and youtube and decide for yourself what game you want most

how the hell are any of us t know what game you'd enjoy more

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Company-Heroes-Anthology-PC-DVD/dp/B0050I5002/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341561523&sr=8-1 for example is 6 pounds on amazon.. not exactly going to break the bank to try it out if you look at videos and think you'd like it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Conflict-Complete-Edition-DVD/dp/B00403LY6W/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1341561587&sr=1-1 is 5 sterling

you can get loads of cheap great games for 55 euro and even if one or two of them aren't to your liking, chances are you'll get more than enough enjoyment out of the ones that are that your money will have been well spent

if you want pure hours for euros, skyrim. you'll easily plough hundreds of hours into that otherwise just find out for yourself what game you'd likely enjoy the most and get that

• Advertisement

why are you making this thread...

look at reviews online, look at videos and youtube and decide for yourself what game you want most

how the hell are any of us t know what game you'd enjoy more

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Company-Heroes-Anthology-PC-DVD/dp/B0050I5002/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341561523&sr=8-1 for example is 6 pounds on amazon.. not exactly going to break the bank to try it out if you look at videos and think you'd like it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Conflict-Complete-Edition-DVD/dp/B00403LY6W/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1341561587&sr=1-1 is 5 sterling

you can get loads of cheap great games for 55 euro and even if one or two of them aren't to your liking, chances are you'll get more than enough enjoyment out of the ones that are that your money will have been well spent

edit: also where in my thread did i say what will i enjoy more?
    im asking people what do they enjoy the most out of the top games
    read before you post

if you want pure hours for euros, skyrim. you'll easily plough hundreds of hours into that otherwise just find out for yourself what game you'd likely enjoy the most and get that

reported for ranting
    im making this thread to see what other people prefer
    so it will give me an idea of what most people prefer
    i have played most of these games already and i cant decide
    reason im asking for others to help me decide with which what theyd prefer

so dont post on my thread again if youve got nothing better to say
    thanks

pointless rant mate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so you've played most of these games already, you already know how much you liked them but you're going to make your decision to buy them again based on how many other people liked them

well I guess now I understand how beats by dre are so popular

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

saiint wrote: »
    reported for ranting

No offense, but he has a point. Sorry. :o

so you've played most of these games already, you already know how much you liked them but you're going to make your decision to buy them again based on how many other people liked them

well I guess now I understand how beats by dre are so popular

and thats my problem
    i like them all
    so i need help deciding what most people prefer
    do you have a problem with me or my thread? no one forced you to post on it
    or ask you to make smart remarks
    go back to after hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ghost recon FS
    I vote Dark Souls, has a great sense of tension exploring that game, and the feeling of accomplishment after killing a boss cant be beat. Plus, dare you to not run away screaming like a coward the first time someone invades your game :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Dark souls
    I went for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, it's the equivalent of going on an entire months' holiday as opposed to a weekend break. The MGS HD collection comes in at close second though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Dark souls
    saiint wrote:
    reported for ranting

:D

What a sensitive little female.

Nailz wrote: »
    I went for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, it's the equivalent of going on an entire months' holiday as opposed to a weekend break. The MGS HD collection comes in at close second though.

do you have the dlc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Dark souls
    Get Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Dark souls
    reported for ranting

so dont post on my thread again if youve got nothing better to say
    thanks

pointless rant mate

lol classic :D

I always figured that once a thread was initially posted it was public domain and anyone and their opinion could be posted in it. Bit harsh imo to demand that someone not post their opinion of your predicament.

And to be fair i agree with what he said too, reviews are a better way of getting the info you want for the list of games you supplied. Personally, i went with skyrim on the poll :)

lol classic :D

reviews are a better way of getting the info you want for the list of games you supplied. Personally, i went with skyrim on the poll :)

i dont find reviews helpfull at all
    each one contradicts another
    thanks for the vote

skyrim seems to be the top choice so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Dark souls
    have ye tried metacritic at all?

A lot of people don't like it but i find the critic scores to be fairly accurate when it comes to my opinion of a game. Just avoid the user reviews, some are accurate others are fanboys so they get very mixed.

have ye tried metacritic at all?

A lot of people don't like it but i find the critic scores to be fairly accurate when it comes to my opinion of a game. Just avoid the user reviews, some are accurate others are fanboys so they get very mixed.

thanks for reply il read up on a few of their reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ghost recon FS
    Ri_Nollaig wrote: »

If your "value for money" is based on quantity and not quality.

I would be looking at dark souls, which came gotten for pennies these days and keep what's left over for steam sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

Ghost recon FS
    As a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series I loved Skyrim... for the first 40 hours. Then it just became painfully boring. I'm not sure what it is but I just can't seem to get into it like I did with Morrowind or Oblivion. I bought Dark Souls to fill the gap before Skyrim came out and personally I think it's the best game this decade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

other?
    Counter-strike source :pac:

As a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series I loved Skyrim... for the first 40 hours. Then it just became painfully boring. I'm not sure what it is but I just can't seem to get into it like I did with Morrowind or Oblivion. I bought Dark Souls to fill the gap before Skyrim came out and personally I think it's the best game this decade.

I'm in kind of the same boat.

I got to around 80-100 hours and just stopped playing.
    I spent WAY too much time doing the boring side missions. I think that killed the game for me as in the main story line I only visited the Greybeard's up the mountain.
    Have to try get back into it and scrap doing the muck missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Dark souls
    I voted Skyrim. Theres a LOT of game for the money there.

Loved every moment of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

I wouldnt vote for any of them:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

reported for ranting

But as Digby said, you can check Metacritic, and get a general overview of what people prefer
    If you have played most of them, and you are spending the 55 euro, then why would it matter what anyone else prefers ? ...it's what you prefer ...considering you already played them most of them.

Ask youself - Which of all the games on that list...that I DID play... did I enjoy the most , have fond memories of, and would have liked to play a bit more ? ....and then go buy it !

You don't need us to make your mind up for you.....else I'd say go buy Deus Ex / Saints Row 3 / Bastion and something else.
    You could get 4-5 AAA titles in the upcoming STEAM sale if you were patient and clever.

I'll report myself for ranting, so you don't have to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Hold off on Skyrim, you can get Reckoning - Kingdoms Of Amalur

If you're looking for an open world game, KOA is even bigger than Skyrim (and available at a fraction of the price). It's got all the same dungeons, multiple factions and side-quests you'd get from an Elder Scrolls game.
    The gameplay is excellent, it plays more like God Of War than a 1st person Hack'n'slash. Lots of special moves, switching between giant hammers & slick "fae"blades in the touch of a button.
    None of the characters have taken an arrow to the knee, they all have unique dialogue (some slightly strange attempts at Irish/Scottish accents though)

And then there's the levelling system. You've spent hours upon hours pumping points into your strength skills only to realise you can't use that awesome magic spell? No problem
    Just pay some gold to a Fate-Weaver, who resets your points stats and lets you reinvest them into Magic or Finesse skills instead.

Plus, you can completely make your own armour and weapons with near endless possibilities!

Oh, and get Dark Souls!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Ghost recon FS
    A poll like this is never going to tell you what game is "the best" it's just a popularity thing.

Personally I found Skyrim got boring very fast and didn't have alot of depth. Yes it has a massive open world, but scratch just beyond the surface and you will see it's really just very repetitive quests with a handful of exceptions repeated over and over with let's be honest, terrible combat.

Dark Souls for me is the superior RPG in pretty much every way. I would even put Kingdoms of Amalur before Skyrim as the combat was very enjoyable in it and it had the open world aspect.

Also I would bet my life that while Skyrim will always win this poll, out of the people that have actually played both for an extended period Dark Souls would be the clear winner for those who fit into that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Dark souls
    Ive owned Dark Souls since release day last year. But cannot get into it at all. I'm gonna re start it soon and try again.

Not sure why, but it just doesn't don't for me, and I like pretty much all type of games

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Dark souls
    _vti wrote: »
    I voted Skyrim. Theres a LOT of game for the money there.

Loved every moment of it!

Me too, I pumped many hours into it and eventually got the Platnium trophy.

Never experienced many of the issues other Ps3 owners had with the game. But am annoyed at having to wait for the DLC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

saiint wrote:
    reported for ranting

:D

What a sensitive little female.

No punctuation suggests he's hard. Or stunted, the monngo better have bn joking?! Look you've played most of em now take your pick. No pointless rant here 'mate' you take onboard what aid you are distributed, most wouldn't bother. Look at the overly generous responses you've garnered..

If you want that broken down in sentences 'mate' albeit with no punctuation well that's unique to you. Now back to 'work' in choosing which game?

/tard.

Advertisement