Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossed cheque question

Options
  • 06-07-2012 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I just got paid from work by cheque issued by BOI. I dont have an acc with them and want to cash it straight away. Can i do this by going to the branch that issued the cheque or any other boi? The cheque is crossed with two blue lines.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi 09009188,

If a cheque is crossed, you cannot cash it. You will need to lodge it into your account.

Thanks
    Linda

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there some discretion in this. ?
    I have had crossed cheques cashed in some cases bit not others.
    Always in the branch its drawn on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

09009188 wrote: »
    I just got paid from work by cheque issued by BOI. I dont have an acc with them and want to cash it straight away. Can i do this by going to the branch that issued the cheque or any other boi? The cheque is crossed with two blue lines.

Can you lodge it to your own acc in another bank?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi all,

It is Bank of Ireland's policy not to cash crossed cheques. As mentioned above you can only lodge them into an account.
    Can you lodge it to your own acc in another bank?

Koolkid is correct, you shouldn't have any problems lodging into one of your own accounts. You will need to contact the other bank to confirm their policy on crossed cheques.

Thanks
    Pat

• Advertisement
Advertisement