Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Church Carpark - Whats Happening?

Options
  • 06-07-2012 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what is happening with Rush Church Carpark?

I drove by last night to see it all closed off and it appeared they were closing off some entrances to car access by installing concrete pillars and they also seemed to be adding what appeared to be preparation for a some planting in the middle as there was an area installed with topsoil in it. :confused:

I am sure there is some logic behind it? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Hopefully they are re-surfacing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Well works seem to be fairly complete, 3 entrances closed off now and half an entrance by the library.:confused: So only 2 entrances/exits now left on the theatre side. And it does appear to be an area added in the carpark for planting, that should be fun when leaving the theatre on a dark winters night. :rolleyes:

I guess today will be the first test of the changes with Mass on, be interested to here from anyone who drove and used the carpark.

As I said previously I am sure there is logic to this but I am really struggling to see the benefit and dread to know how much it cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

In fairness that car park is a total eyesore so fair play to them for doing something to it!!

focus_mad wrote: »
    In fairness that car park is a total eyesore so fair play to them for doing something to it!!

I guess...its so much more beautiful and accessible now...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There was too much access to the car park which reduced parking spaces. With less exits now there is more room and when they finish marking out the spaces it will be work more efficiently.

• Advertisement

There was too much access to the car park which reduced parking spaces. With less exits now there is more room and when they finish marking out the spaces it will be work more efficiently.

So is there a plan up somewhere? I checked a few of the associated Rush websites but could not find a mention of anything about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kickstart

I'm sure there was a safety aspect to it too particularly for all the national school children who use the library regularly & attend the church when preparing for communions/confirmations. Prior to this you wouldn't know what direction a car could be coming from. Likewise the barriers were an awful eyesore & with no markings it was a bit of a 'free for all' anyway. It's owned by the parish so they organised the works & it will be marked out too I believe. Overall a definite improvement.

Advertisement