Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation for Mature Student...Help needed!!!

Options
  • 06-07-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    I am starting in UCD in September as a mature nursing student. I am looking for advice on how to go about finding other mature/post grad students to share accommodation with. Where would a good location be to rent as I am not from Dublin. Any advice is welcome!!! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jubbles100

Hi nivvy,
    I'm in the same boat as you, not doing nursing though. I've been told Clonskeagh, Rathmines and Ranelagh are good places to live in terms of distance. I'm a bit wary of it being too studenty though so have been considering living in the city centre and commuting out but I don't know is that going to be more trouble than it's worth, really hard to tell isn't it?
    I'm sure it'll all work out for us in the end though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nivvymc

Thanks for the info! Ya commuting from and living in the city might be more expensive!!! Heres hoping it will work out in the end!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

If you decide to commute make sure you get a student travel card which will let you buy the student tickets which will help keep the costs down. http://dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Tickets/Student-Tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Petalyn

hey there, well i would suggest you contact the college as they will be able to assist you in finding accommodation, not only with college accommodation but also houses in the area that are for rent! ;):)

Advertisement