Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla question

Options
  • 06-07-2012 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Folks I have no clue about Joomla. but our company website is running in V1.5.22.

I need to create an article that will redirect to another external site after say 30 seconds.

Basically we no longer provied a Service in our company but a subsidary does. So I'll edit the text on the existing artical to state "sorry we dont do this no more blah blah, please contact X in company Y, this page will redirect you to their website in 30 seconds" or something to that effect.

anyone any idea how to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allaboutclicks

Hi Faolchu. I personally am not fond of redirects and would suggest you use a link instead but if a redirect is what you need then you could add the script for the redirect to a custom html module and then call that module into the article with the {loadposition xx} command (xx being the name of the custom html module you created. If you're using a js redirect then turn off the tinymce editor before you create the module (you can turn it on again after) to stop your js code being "cleaned" up - or destroyed might be a better term ;-)

I might be making this sound complicated. It's really not. PM me if you need any help with it.

Advertisement