Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Delaney's Salary

• 06-07-2012 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

How can this numpty justify his salary?

He makes more than the Spanish and Italian federation chief's combined?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Moved!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

He buys supporters drinks... Give him a pay rise I say!

One John Delaney! Theres only one John Delaney!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

In truth he has cleaned up his act since the Stan days. The headlines criticising him for getting on the lash in Poland were embarrasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Just shows the whole country where the priorities of the Fai are.
    They could learn a lot from the GAA and the IRFU.
    I wouldn't pay into any international when you know your just topping up these self gloating germs and there are so many league of Ireland clubs struggling to survive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Higher cost of living here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

He is one of the few football administrators who manage to obtain more publicity than many of the players. A bit like the Cork and Dublin GAA Chairmen

This spoofer needs stay in the background. He is embarrassing. He was out on the lash and spending thousands on beer for fans (buying their love,not cool) while the FAI last year had to slash jobs, witness one club leave the premiership and another now at risk.

Granted, he has improved things at the FAI , but that it not saying anything, if you look at how the FAI roll

Again, IRFU seem to be the only credible group (GAA - If your a club man , you will have issues with them as their championship has been cheapened by delay in getting it on)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I bet he could justify his salary more than you starting this thread. BOOM! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He earns four times what the League of Ireland winners actually get for winning the league.

I bet he could justify his salary more than you starting this thread. BOOM! :P

A member of the JD club are we? Boom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭HoggyRS

Ever since Jack Charlton turned the national team into a diaspora based team the FAI hasn't given two ****s about the national league. Hence paying Delaney a fortune and ignoring the LOI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Because hes worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

A member of the JD club are we? Boom

Well I like him on Scrubs. Good rapport with Turk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

ferike1 wrote: »

Well yeah, but what have they ever won??
    I rest my case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

ferike1 wrote: »

He's very good at fantasy football league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Spends FAI money on a booze train in Slovakia for his pals

Makes the League Cup finalists pay for their own medals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He has to buy all the pies for the fat bastards, and they don't come cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Cost savings right there!

What? League Cup Finalists pay for their own medals? Get away! Any link?

What other country does that?

Not even U 16 County Gaelic League Championship would do that

This man is ridiculous. We should have seen him a mile away, he even attracted more publicity during Saipan than the then head of the FAI .

And now another person pointed out that he earns more than the lads in Italy and Spain combined.

Whatever criticism you have of the FA and their pious attitude towards their staff off the field (bar John Terry who still got to play), any of them would be sacked for the behavior of Delaney . He is embarrassing. If he is like that, god knows what the former FAI boys were like in the past when the media kept silent.

After the debacle of Russia, Putin called on the Russian equivalent to step down (hey, I am not calling for Mickey D to do like wise) but there is such thing as accountability . He prides himself of getting the Stadium, yet the way in which he had hoped to raise the funds (expensive season tickets - anyone got one) failed miserably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

For some more comparable stats the head of the english FA earned £340,000 in 2010, which is still less than Delaney despite it being probably largest FA in europe, the head of the scottish FA earned around £170,000 in 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

What? League Cup Finalists pay for their own medals? Get away! Any link?

What other country does that?

Not even U 16 County Gaelic League Championship would do that

Post 11
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056042678

• Advertisement

I hope Delaney gets the living ****e beaten out of him if he ever approaches north of the M50 and beyond

IS there any petition in place so that people can call for him to step down?

This makes me laugh (from the Article)

"But they have also been asked to cover overnight accommodation and dinner for FAI officials"

Funny, Paddy McCaul, Athlone man was the President, so, he could always drive back.

, "a prematch meal in a Sligo hotel for and coach transfer to the game, and catering at the ground for 6 . "

What? the pitch is not far from the bus station, get a taxi or WALK!. Jesus the meal must be lousy if you need more food while at the game. Its a soccer game that you are at, not an orchestra,

"The FAI say that this has has happened before but clubs contacted yesterday could not recall that being the case. "

Considering Sligo has played in a few LC finals before, you would be inclined to accept that. Never heard other clubs (Derry, Wexford, even Athlone) who reached finals mention this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭boo3000

Yup it's insane, should'nt be getting a quarter of that, also im sure the fai are a 'charity' also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Salary, Salary
    If she don't come,
    I'll tickle her bum
    with John Delaney's Salary.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Fitba forum. Although I'd be surprised if there isn't already a thread there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement