Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughlinstown hospital

Options
  • 06-07-2012 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

I was up in the hospital on Tuesday and the staff were telling me the A&E is defo closing in September.
    It'll be a sad day for wicklow people more so south wicklow when that happens.
    All the cubicles were full the night before and beds jotted around the nurses station area and there was numerous people out in the waiting area to be seen.
    Come September these people will all be sent to Vincents hospital on top of vincents current work load.
    God help the peole then. Thats all i can say

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

It's a joke, st. Vincents can't cope as it is.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

....but frontline services won't be affected by cutbacks they promised....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 driveshaft

It crazy what is going on with Loughlinstown. I live in Sandyford and went to A&E there a few months ago for an XRay, rather than going towards town and into a melee in one of the A&E's in town. I got great care from the staff but was shocked at how little investment there has been in facilities there. Later I met a girl who had been in an RTA in arklow who was brought to Loughlinstown. I couldn't believe that there was no General hospital closer to Arklow.

It's crazy to think one of the most populated areas of the country is so badly covered for basic A&E facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Loughlinstown is supposed to cover everything down to about Gorey, closing it would be insanity!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

fúcking typical, I post on the 6th that St. Vincents can't cope then my missus ends up there on a trolley on the 9th, what really gets my Goat up is she was waiting to be discharged (no more treatment needed) for approx 9 hours, during this time she was still taking up a bed that some other poor f**ker probably needed but they just couldn't be arsed writing a four (yes 4) line letter for her GP.

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

Well has anyone been to either hospital. Is there much of a difference in either

Advertisement