Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooper mexica cerveza, how long to bottle condition

Options
  • 06-07-2012 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, I had my coopers maxican cerveza in the primary for 4 weeks, and since it has been in the bottles for 2.5 week, would it be ready to drink yet?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Could be. Try it and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Hi Guys, I had my coopers maxican cerveza in the primary for 4 weeks, and since it has been in the bottles for 2.5 week, would it be ready to drink yet?

And let us know how it tastes ! I bottled a coopers cerveza a couple of weeks ago after 20 days in the fermenter and it's a little bland and watery tasting if I was being honest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I will I'll post later when I pop a bottle. Bottle them in 660ml bottles this time. Made bottling a bit more efficient

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

viper123 wrote: »
    it's a little bland and watery tasting if I was being honest...
    I have to ask: what were you expecting? Sounds like exactly what a Corona/Sol clone is supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Agreed, Mexican beer tends to be like that. Nobody wants a room temperature ale under the scorching sun!

• Advertisement

Ravelleman wrote: »
    under the scorching sun!

we're not getting a lot of that now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

BeerNut wrote: »
    I have to ask: what were you expecting? Sounds like exactly what a Corona/Sol clone is supposed to be.

I was expecting exactly that, I even used the brew enhanser kit designed for milder beers rather than the one recommended. Just interested to know what other people are getting from their brew for comparison purposes.

It was alright... bit of a tang maybe to it, but definitely drinkable

Advertisement