Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB Speed?

Options
  • 06-07-2012 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

I rejoined Eircom on Tuesday and signed up for the Up to 8 Meg Regular package. Using speedtest.net my download speeds were 4.5 to 5 Mb/s.

I was with you before (up to Feb 2012), so I connected my old Eircom router (a Zxyel). I haven't received a new router from you so far.

The phoneline was fully disconnected between February and now.

Previously, I used to get download speeds around 7 Mb/s. Could you take a look and see why my speeds have gone down? Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

@Ant. PM'd you re this issue. Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

I rejoined Eircom on Tuesday and signed up for the Up to 8 Meg Regular package. Using speedtest.net my download speeds were 4.5 to 5 Mb/s.

I was with you before (up to Feb 2012), so I connected my old Eircom router (a Zxyel). I haven't received a new router from you so far.

The phoneline was fully disconnected between February and now.

Previously, I used to get download speeds around 7 Mb/s. Could you take a look and see why my speeds have gone down? Thank you.

Cheers Mr Cumulonimbus,

Will check this and get back shortly.

Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Hi Ant, PM sent to you re BB speeds. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Ant, PM sent to you re BB speeds. Thank you.

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

I got your PM thanks, I sent a reply. Can you try the broadband checklist and get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement