Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you feel safe having a night out in Dublin city centre

Options
  • 06-07-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Just wondering do you feel safe having a night out in Dublin city centre or do you feel it's getting to dangerous
    If you don't go to town for a night out where do you go

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Moved From AH

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Yes, I really feel safe in Dublin.

i have no problem going out or coming home by myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i feel safe around the populated areas,not so safe around unpopulated areas..like any town or city stick to the main drag..

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I'm wary going anywhere at any time .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 borehead

it;s safe in dublin . i dont worry much

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Same as anywhere..be aware of your sorroundings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Yes. Dublin is safe.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Safe as houses.

ya sure you will always get wasters,who are too drunk or drugged and pick random fights,but when youre walking home from somewhere dont pass the troublespot pubs,or the pubs that tend to be overpacked..

if youre on a night out its different - you just have to face the music,but,if a fight is brewing walk away..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have no wary feelings of going out in dublin what so ever.

at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Generally feel safe but ever since I was on the receiving end of a random attack, I'm a bit more wary.

For the most part Dublin is safe at night but unfortunately you can be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and some scumbag with too much drink on them starts something for no reason other than he's a dick and can't handle his drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I have to say, I've always found Dublin to be a pretty safe city. I'm 28 now and have never had any hassle beyond a drunk acting the eejit or passing comment.
    Never had anything escalate beyond words.

Although I'm very aware that it happens, it's usually when both people are too pissed to have a bit of common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Yes. One you stay on the main streets.

I'm a third dan black belt in trouble avoidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

its safe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

In the City Centre I feel very safe. Out in certain suburbs is a different story however.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Yeah totally,I usually go to pubs up around the Grafton Street/Harcourt Street/Wexford Street areas and have never had any hassle.Even when I was younger and used to go to the likes of Fibbers and The Living Room off O'Connell Street I never had any trouble either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I do but I am aware that things can get dangerous fast. I think alcohol deadens this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I feel completely safe on a night out.

Have walked out to ballybough from town after a night out, down parnell street at 2 or 3 in the morning and have felt slightly unsafe but that's about the limit.

As everyone else has said, bit of street smarts go a long way towards avoiding altercations.

It's safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Safe for grown-ups once semi-sober. I've walked Dame St - Patrick St. - Cork St. when out of taxi money at 2 in the morning plenty of times. Just be alert. Toerags look for victims, not adults walking in a straight line with a sense of purpose about where they're going.
    The flipside is if you're wobbling about and the barman has just refused you - get a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

shelly22 wrote: »
    Just wondering do you feel safe having a night out in Dublin city centre or do you feel it's getting to dangerous
    If you don't go to town for a night out where do you go

it seems to be a thing in bigger irish cities that you can be walking down the street and someone takes a swing at you for absolutely no reason.

In the City Centre I feel very safe. Out in certain suburbs is a different story however.

true, not recommended to sit upstairs on a dublin bus in the evening.

I feel completely safe on a night out.

Have walked out to ballybough from town after a night out, down parnell street at 2 or 3 in the morning and have felt slightly unsafe but that's about the limit.

As everyone else has said, bit of street smarts go a long way towards avoiding altercations.

keep your mouth shut, do not respond to comments and cross the street when trouble comes and most problems should be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Safe as houses IMO.

As others have said, keep your wits about you and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Fuinseog wrote: »
    keep your mouth shut, do not respond to comments and cross the street when trouble comes and most problems should be avoided.

Comments like that can start a fight ;).

Fuinseog wrote: »
    it seems to be a thing in bigger irish cities that you can be walking down the street and someone takes a swing at you for absolutely no reason.

How many times has it happened to you Fuinseog?

a girl got raped by two men out in clonsilla blanchardstown in a park nearby in the evening a couple of weeks ago i heard when i was up the other week in dublin,i think in my opinion secluded non populated areas are the worst for isolated attacks where theres no help around for miles,but the populated areas are bad for fights and being kicked to death so its hard to say,anyway the worst thing is being out late in the evening when all the scummers are about,best time to head in is early if youre to do anything in town or out in the suburbs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

irishbird wrote: »
    Yes, I really feel safe in Dublin.

i have no problem going out or coming home by myself

likewise, ive never come across trouble thank god and ive a pretty good nose for seeing trouble before it happens

• Advertisement

the girl who got raped by the two said she was lucky to escape and there was nobody around in the park when the attack took place - very scary to be in a secluded area,like out of town or in the country theres no help for miles,and by then it can be too late..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement