Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering tinned dog food from Zooplus?

• 06-07-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi - just a quick question. I feed my dogs tinned food and I want to change them to "Rocco" tinned food available from zooplus and I was wondering....

1. Its cheaper from the German zooplus - would there be any problem ordering it from zooplus.de rather than zooplus.ie?

2. Would there be any problem getting an order of 60 x 800g tins delivered per month? Its quite a heavy load of tins delivered to your doorstep every month.

So I would be really grateful to hear from anyone who maybe gets tinned food delivered or any opinions - thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I've ordered from both, weight isn't an issue, I've had 15kg bags of food delivered. I've had some big items delivered too, no problem once there's someone to take delivery(my postman now calls me to see if I'm home before loading up a big parcel:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Zooplus are used to getting bulk orders so I can't see any problem. I think it all comes from Germany one way or another anyway. I think they used couriers or at least they used to but also the post office or maybe the used the post office now only..either way the delivery service are used to heavy and unusual parcels so shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i've ordered from zooplus .ie, .uk and .de. the irish and uk deliveries came from germany as well, i ticked 'GLS' as the delivery method - they came by GLS and all was fine.

when i ordered from the .de site there was only a DHL option but it came via an post. cue the postman [who's a grumpy people-hating b***** anyway] giving me an earfull as he hauled the massive box out of his boot... as if it was my fault? :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Artyeva, youre after giving me a great laugh there - I can just picture the postman:D

Yes, I went onto the german site and put my order in and found that the only delivery option was dhl - (all they do is deliver it from zooplus to the german post office and then it gets sent normal post). So then I found out that an post wont deliver anything over 20 kilo - my order would be well over that.

So I had to order it from the .ie one - I can get it delivered by GLS courier then - they do the whole journey. If I got it from germany it would have worked out about 20 euro cheaper:mad: - but it doesnt really matter - hope my dogs like the food:rolleyes:)

Thanks a mil for all help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

hmm, i'm sure my order that day was over 20 kg, just working it out now the 30 things of cat food would be 11kg, 8kg of dry food and 40 litres of cat litter....

maybe that's why he was even more pissed than usual :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement