Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest bin removal company?

Options
  • 06-07-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hey guys i was hoping someone could shed some light on who is the cheapest around for bin removals? I recently moved into a house in terenure and was wondering who i should go with. Alot of bins in the area seem to be with greyhound but it seems quite hard to get any definite answer about bin charges. Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Paschcom

I switched to Thorntons from Greyhound, and can't believe more haven't.

The annual fee is a little less with Thorntons (€10 or so less), but the lift charges are fixed rather than by weight, so as I fill the bins to the max before putting out, it works out as a decent saving. Can't remember the exact figures - they're on the website, and there was another thread on here about them a while back.

The greyhound site is very deceptive about how they charge, and they actually tried to claim that there would be a reduction in charges when they switched from fixed fee to weight based fee - which is rubbish (pun intended!)

I'm sure the thorntons fees will increase to match the others at some point, but so far so good and I'm with them almost 10 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I don't think Thortons operate around the terenure area. It doesn't list the area on its site anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Paschcom

I'm in Rathfarnham which is only up the road from Terenure, so I would have thought they covered Terenure also. Their site is a bit confusing as to where they cover, so call them to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

steve_ wrote: »
    I don't think Thortons operate around the terenure area. It doesn't list the area on its site anyways.

They do.

And recently upped their price from €7.50 a lift and 5% free if you top up online to €8.50 a lift and 3% free if you top up online.

Didn't even get a letter about it.

That's €7.12 a lift up to €8.25 approx after the discount in each case.

That's a 15% increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Do they charge per weight, in killiney we pay about 7:50 a lift and 20c a kilo which is about 25euro per lift. There's an annual charge too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

ted1 wrote: »
    Do they charge per weight, in killiney we pay about 7:50 a lift and 20c a kilo which is about 25euro per lift. There's an annual charge too.

In Terenure they charge by the lift. Glad I don't live in Killiney ;)

Advertisement