Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Bag Recommendations?

Options
  • 06-07-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I have a 15.6" Toshiba laptop, I have a case for it, but ideally I would like a laptop bag for carrying it around on my back, needs to be sturdy but small as I would be cycling with it a bit.. Anyone recommend anything?

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

You could have a look at the Tesco luggage offer. One of the options is a laptop backpack.

http://www.tesco.ie/collect-and-save-luggage/

Good brand I guess. You can always have a look at one in your local store and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Oh yeah they look decent, I'll see if we have any coupons and pick one up, for €15 you couldn't go too wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

I bought the carry on case. Seemed good quality to me. I'm sure you know people who do their shopping in Tesco so it shouldn't be a big deal to collect the vouchers. As I said above, they are on display in Tesco stores throughout the country, so you can have a look at them first to see if you like them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

Sync wrote: »
    Oh yeah they look decent, I'll see if we have any coupons and pick one up, for €15 you couldn't go too wrong!

until you drop the bag... i wouldn't put a laptop into a 15quid bag

I got a swissgear 17" bag, great quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

I went with the tesco one... Seems decent enough quality, nothing special so hopefully I won't drop it as there isn't an awful lot of padding, but it's a nice lightweight bag so suits me! Just for anyone thinking of getting one, my 15.6" fits snug into it, so I don't think it would take any bigger than that.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Irene818

I also have a tesco bag and I am glad with it. It is comfortable and looks stylish. Quality is not the best but I don’t regret purchasing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I got the tesco one as well, seems grand. I use a neoprene laptop cover as well for some extra padding. Got it for €2.50 in a €2-Land-World-Pound-Shop place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

^^^^
    +1

Another vote for Swissgear bags,excellent quality, got mine in TK MAXX.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

hardCopy wrote: »
    I got the tesco one as well, seems grand. I use a neoprene laptop cover as well for some extra padding. Got it for €2.50 in a €2-Land-World-Pound-Shop place

€2.50 in 2 euro land! You were done.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

Wenger who make the tesco bags, are the same as Swissgear. I think they rebranded back to Wenger a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TK Maxx have a really nice Bench satchel for €19.99 that'll fit a 15" and is excellent on the bike :)

194981_2271002272670_1996024524_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 iMcdermottz

My parents picked me up a pretty awesome laptop bag at christmas.

The brand is "Golla"

The bag is pretty well built, Nice and not to heavy and it feels good on your arm. I'll try get some pics up of it later!

Advertisement