Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just checked again, still no movement whatsoever, the only lodgements I have made, 3 between the 22nd and the 25th, are not showing, I take it the over the counter lodgements are the ones taking the longest to process is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

still waiting on lodgments i made over the counter to appear on my account.

still waiting for duplicate transactions to drop off, even though i would be assured they would drop off automatically and that was weeks ago.

so sick of this.

if my account isnt up to date by the morning of the 16th, then some member of staff is going to get a real verbal bollocking from me. i know its not their fault, but at this stage, after THREE weeks of waiting, what other option do we have???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

still waiting on lodgments i made over the counter to appear on my account.

still waiting for duplicate transactions to drop off, even though i would be assured they would drop off automatically and that was weeks ago.

so sick of this.

if my account isnt up to date by the morning of the 16th, then some member of staff is going to get a real verbal bollocking from me. i know its not their fault, but at this stage, after THREE weeks of waiting, what other option do we have???

Sorry to hear its still affecting you but what is giving someone on the counter a bollocking going to do?

Make them feel like ****.

The best way to vent is to move banks. That is the only thing that will be noticied at the end of all this.

Ulster Bank still think their customers are very understanding and that no siginificant account closures have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

big syke wrote: »
    Will the 12.70 referal fees be automatically refunded in time if funds to coer where there or will we have to fight for every one?

I was talking to one of their reps on the online chat when I was checking my balance online a few days ago and she said that the charges will be automatically refunded. I would still keep an eye on it if I were you.

mathie wrote: »
    Sorry to hear its still affecting you but what is giving someone on the counter a bollocking going to do?

Make them feel like ****.

The best way to vent is to move banks. That is the only thing that will be noticied at the end of all this.

Ulster Bank still think their customers are very understanding and that no siginificant account closures have happened.

how am i suposed to move banks when im still waiting on balances to rectify, lodgments to appear, duplicates to disappear?

ive have been VERY patient. by the morning of the 16th if things havent been put right ill be going down in person to give them hell and to lodge a formal complaint

at this stage i see no other option

• Advertisement

how am i suposed to move banks when im still waiting on balances to rectify, lodgments to appear, duplicates to disappear?
    ive have been VERY patient. by the morning of the 16th if things havent been put right ill be going down in person to give them hell and to lodge a formal complaint

at this stage i see no other option

I did.
    I opened a new account and got my pay diverted to there.

I took all my money out via draft from UB.

Ill let UB worry about all the duplicate lodgements and errors.

mathie wrote: »
    I did.
    I opened a new account and got my pay diverted to there.

I took all my money out via draft from UB.

Ill let UB worry about all the duplicate lodgements and errors.

ah you mean manually open a new one and leave the old one open?

i have way too many DD's, SO's etc going in and out. too much hassle manually changing them all over to a new bank manually.

you can guarantee that ill be leaving UB once things balance out though. i cant wait to wash my hands of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

"fast" lodgement i did on 29th june has just arrived in my account:D

whelan1 wrote: »
    "fast" lodgement i did on 29th june has just arrived in my account:D

you have no idea how jealous i am right now... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I had little choice but to make a lodgement today in branch, the UB staff are still processing stuff manually and giving hand written receipts. They reckoned lodgments will be up to date by next week, but I'm prepared for the worst. Not the branch staff's fault, it must be said.

Meanwhile I paid a visit to BOI to open a new account. I tried to be patient with UB but if the shoe was on the other foot they would show no mercy.

Will the last one out please turn off the light!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

Well, my latest wages unexpectedly appeared in my account this morning. I very swiftly made my way to the nearest branch and withdrew the whole lot.

Looking around most of the other people there seemed to be doing similar things - lots of withdrawals or cheques being cashed - very little, if anything, going in.

I know I've dd's etc due soon, but I'm not bothered - when they've sorted out this mess then I will sort those out too. Let the flaming thing go overdrawn.
    I am not trusting them with MY hard earned money.

The teller did not have up to date access to my account balance and was relying on me to show her a screen print of my account from online banking as proof of the credit to my account and the total balance. But I could have already drawn on this from an atm or used my debit card.

The best part is that now, several hours later, my account is still not updated - I could easily go and withdraw the same amount again, or make purchases with my debit card.

What a joke.

ah you mean manually open a new one and leave the old one open?

Yeah.
    i have way too many DD's, SO's etc going in and out. too much hassle manually changing them all over to a new bank manually.

It took me I'd reckon an hour to cancel and setup all my standing orders and direct debits again.

You can either wait for them or take control and do it yourself. :)
    you can guarantee that ill be leaving UB once things balance out though. i cant wait to wash my hands of them.

Yeah I was the same.
    Very annoyed with them and very happy to move.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Just make a list of all your SOs and DDs most people don't have THAT many.

Most, including all the utility companies, can be changed to another bank over the phone in about 5 mins. It's really simple - just phone them and give them your new DD details. All you need is your name, address, sort code and bank account number. You'll get a letter out in the post confirming them, and you don't have to do anything else.

One or two companies will still require you to fill in a mandate. That'll either be on the back of your last bill, or you'll often find it on their website. Or, if you ring them up they'll post you one out. Just fill it in and whack it into the post. Job done!

Many companies, including ESB will let you fill in DDs online yourself. I think most of the major utility companies let you do this.

Standing orders can be setup over the phone with the new bank or on their internet banking. All you need is a list of dates, amounts, destination account numbers and any reference numbers that need to be sent with the payment. All very simple.

I'd doubt anyone would need more than 60 minutes to get all that done.

Just make sure that you cancel all standing orders at UB. The direct debits will switch over automatically once new details are given to the various DD originators that are billing you, but standing orders are totally controlled at your end. So, if you've a SO from Ulster Bank and some other bank they'd just both be paid to the destination independently.

Also make sure your online banking's totally setup with any new banks.

With Bank of Ireland, that means registering your mobile phone (they use SMS verification of payments). They'll take your mobile number via the internet banking site, then post you out a letter. That has a unique code that verifies your mobile. Once that's done you can process anything very easily.

AIB use a card-reader device. This is similar to (exactly the same as) what Ulster Bank do. Just make sure you have that sent out if you're moving to AIB as it's required for anything complicated on their online banking.

I'm not entirely sure what PTSB use, but just make sure you've got it all setup.

One nice thing that the other three banks all offer which I haven't seen at my local Ulster Bank is automatic deposit machines.
    You can lodge cash and cheques via their in-branch machines using your ATM card. The machine will count the cash or optically recognise the cheques and deposit them.

Maybe UB has those too, but I've never seen them in their local branches in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Monife wrote: »
    I was talking to one of their reps on the online chat when I was checking my balance online a few days ago and she said that the charges will be automatically refunded. I would still keep an eye on it if I were you.

If your bank is BOI you should phone 365, they will start the process for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cootehill

Here we are now coming up on 4 weeks and still nothing into my account. will be due 4 weeks wages on thursday and my wife who works with HSE is due her's on thursday as well. Oh and yes UB have taken out every transaction we made across the counter which has put our account seriously into the red. Have already opened new acc with BOI and all wages from us both will now go into that acc from next week. I'm normally not a person for complaining or ringing people but this situation has actually caused me sleepless nights. Only in Ireland would it be allowed to happen and continue and yet our government are strangely quiet on the whole situation. I watch BBC Newsline to find out the latest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

My account is starting to show lodgements, a cheque I lodged 3 weeks ago has shown up today and my €10 monthly fee for my ufirst account has been refunded, Im guessing this is some sort of compensation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 malu2012

2qk4u wrote: »
    My account is starting to show lodgements, a cheque I lodged 3 weeks ago has shown up today and my €10 monthly fee for my ufirst account has been refunded, Im guessing this is some sort of compensation ?

Has anyone actually got some real compensation or asked for it for that matter??

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

I had the last of my over the counter lodgement show up on my account today. I have a whole bunch of 12.70 charges and a few for 4.44. I am also waiting on a 1100 euro refund from a German company from the 26th of June, so don't know what the story is with that.

I also opened up an account at PTSB to have my wages diverted there!

Also paid Ulster Bank CC over a week ago and it still hasn't been received by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

Do any other banks have extra-benefit accounts like uFirst Gold ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Betty Swallox

phormium wrote: »
    Date on transaction I made on 20th is 9th July, the interest missed would be minute, only got a few cents for the full year.

Yes. Probably insignificant if a small amount is involved.

But if deposits are large for business accounts for example, then interest can add up if a payment is delayed for 3 weeks.

Same goes for delayed payments for mortgages - a 10 day delay wait in mortgage payment could be worth 100 Euros to someone, given the size of mortgages these days. I think everyone should be aware of this and make sure interest is adjusted in these cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 glyons

still haven't received my last 3 weeks wages , if they do not go in tonight , I can see this rolling into next week. BOI here I come , UB you have until the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

http://www.thejournal.ie/ulster-bank-hse-pay-payments-delay-technical-problems-516149-Jul2012/

I am beginning to panic now.......

What is the fcukin govt doing about all this?

Also paid Ulster Bank CC over a week ago and it still hasn't been received by them.

Me too:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Last week an old direct debit on my account that was cancelled in March seems to have been reactivated and that resulted in funds being taken from my account (having not been taken for the last three months). This worries me more than anything else so far - are they looking back at old transactions and randomly guessing what they should be doing! And now I'm told I have to call into a branch to fill out a form to get the money back.

They also have lots of clueless people working in their call centres - I was told two completely untrue things today and when I pressed the guy he went off to find out and came back with a different story. I'm with UB over 20 years but am rapidly running out of patience here.

It's a pity that the guy in the call centre didn't tell me that while I needed to call to a branch to fill out the indemnity form for the DD refund that they would be incapable of doing the transaction as it's an electronic process and they can't process it at the moment. And I loved the insinuation at the counter that the direct debit reactivation was somehow my fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

booth70 wrote: »
    What is the fcukin govt doing about all this?

Nothing... It was long suspected they they lost all the UB <-> UB transactions from the 21st.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Apologies if this question has previously been been asked and answered before but here goes.....

If I was to clear out my savings account tomorrow in my branch and take out a draft how soon will the draft clear if I deposited it in another bank?

Will the draft clear straightaway as in like a real time cash lodgement or is it like a cheque with a 3-5 day clearing process?

It's a pity that the guy in the call centre didn't tell me that while I needed to call to a branch to fill out the indemnity form for the DD refund that they would be incapable of doing the transaction as it's an electronic process and they can't process it at the moment. And I loved the insinuation at the counter that the direct debit reactivation was somehow my fault!

given what UB has put 500-600 thousand people through these past three weeks, I certainly hope you didnt take that kind of treatment, did you?

i would have given the person in question a right bollocking if they had treated me like that given the circumstances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It will have to clear like any other cheque.

It will have to clear like any other cheque.

...but will it clear like any normal cheque or are draft/cheque lodgements from Ulster accounts affected by this current problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

given what UB has put 500-600 thousand people through these past three weeks, I certainly hope you didnt take that kind of treatment, did you?

i would have given the person in question a right bollocking if they had treated me like that given the circumstances

I don't see the point in taking a verbal swipe at the teller regarding the misinformation from the call centre. They're working their asses off and getting angry isn't going to do either of us any good.

The person was as helpful as they could be given they don't know why these events are happening either. However I left them in no doubt as to my feelings on the issue and my intentions to move bank asap after 20 plus as a customer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement