Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Two different friends of mine transferred money to my account, one from BOI and one from AIB.

They did the transfer yesterday and both payments now showing on my account. Looks to be all sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Er, where the hell have the lodgements disappeared to? :confused:

This is gas craic altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Anybody else still missing last weeks wages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Savman wrote: »
    Er, where the hell have the lodgements disappeared to? :confused:

This is gas craic altogether.
    fuc^ing joke, my lodgement that appeared yesterday is gone ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

My credit card payment came out last week (5th July) but has not shown up on my credit card yet. Just got charged interest as well for it. It is still quite annoying. Both my credit card and account are with UB. Other than this everything seems to be working correctly. I am due my expenses from work in the next day or two so hopefully that will be okay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Cleared out my account over the weekend, a repeatedly cancelled standing order was taken this morning. Good luck coming after me to get it back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

My account is still completely all over the place, going up and down every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Betty Swallox

Two different friends of mine transferred money to my account, one from BOI and one from AIB.

They did the transfer yesterday and both payments now showing on my account. Looks to be all sorted!

The daily batch processing has been sorted and now transactions are running in a normal manner. It's the missing payments, incorrect charging, double-postings and interest adjustments that still needs to be done.

It should really be up to the Indian IT department to sort this out centrally, but it sounds like the business have lost faith in them and are now doing it themselves manually (whenever it is brought to their attention by the account holder). That's my take on it, rather than the official line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

From this morning's Irish Independent.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ulster-bank-customers-in-line-for-payouts-worth-millions-after-fiasco-3165846.html

Ulster Bank customers in line for payouts worth millions after fiasco
    By Charlie Weston Personal Finance Editor
    Wednesday July 11 2012

THOUSANDS of customers of Ulster Bank are in line for refunds and compensation totalling millions for a large range of missed payments, charges and other losses.

It has emerged that the beleaguered bank will refund all charges and fees of other banks as a result of the IT crisis, as well as its own charges.

It will refund bank charges such as overdraft fees, and make up for lost interest on savings.

But now it has also promised to cover fees for missing payments, like utility bills, and will cover the cost of travel tickets and money-transfer fees.

Where appropriate, it is even expected to compensate people for missing flights.

Compensation payments will be in addition to out-of-pocket costs incurred by customers of the bank, as well as those who bank elsewhere and who have been impacted by the IT crisis.

Details of how the compensation scheme will work for Ulster Bank customers -- and people with accounts in other banks -- have already been outlined for its sister banks in Britain.

The same principles will apply for Ulster Bank, which is still struggling to get its electronic-payments systems up to date for 600,000 customers.

Hundreds of workers, including HSE nurses, have yet to receive pay that was due to them on June 21.

The bank is promising to have most accounts updated by next Monday. Its chief executive, Jim Brown, said last week that Ulster was working on a plan to ensure that those who lost out all get payments to reflect the inconvenience suffered.

The Central Bank has demanded that a "restitution plan" is put in place.

A spokeswoman for Ulster Bank said yesterday: "RBS/ NatWest have confirmed how they will be putting it right for customers.

"We are committed to finalising our plans for compensation in the coming days, albeit that the same principles will apply. We have confirmed that no customer, or customers of other banks, will be left permanently out of pocket and that we are working with credit-reference agencies to ensure that customers' credit ratings are not impacted as a result of this issue."

Customers will be able to get compensation for:

• Overdraft fees (both for being overdrawn and exceeding a credit limit.

• Overdraft interest.

• Late-payment fees and interest on mortgages, loans and credit cards.

• Interest wrongly charged on late payments.

• Cash-advance fees and interest on credit cards.

People who either bank with Ulster, or who had wages or social welfare delayed because it is routed through the bank, will also be able to claim for missed savings-account interest.

Meltdown

People impacted by the systems meltdown have been advised to keep written details of any losses and present this as evidence to the bank.

Banking experts said that the customer refunds and compensation bill for Ulster Bank alone could run into millions of euro.

UK banking experts have estimated that the costs for the three banks could top €130m.

- Charlie Weston Personal Finance Editor

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Betty Swallox

Shamrok wrote: »
    From this morning's Irish Independent.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ulster-bank-customers-in-line-for-payouts-worth-millions-after-fiasco-3165846.html

Ulster Bank customers in line for payouts worth millions after fiasco
    [SIZE="2"]By Charlie Weston Personal Finance Editor
    Wednesday July 11 2012
    [/SIZE]

THOUSANDS of customers of Ulster Bank are in line for refunds and compensation totalling millions for a large range of missed payments, charges and other losses.

It has emerged that the beleaguered bank will refund all charges and fees of other banks as a result of the IT crisis, as well as its own charges.

It will refund bank charges such as overdraft fees, and make up for lost interest on savings.

But now it has also promised to cover fees for missing payments, like utility bills, and will cover the cost of travel tickets and money-transfer fees.

Where appropriate, it is even expected to compensate people for missing flights.

Compensation payments will be in addition to out-of-pocket costs incurred by customers of the bank, as well as those who bank elsewhere and who have been impacted by the IT crisis.

Details of how the compensation scheme will work for Ulster Bank customers -- and people with accounts in other banks -- have already been outlined for its sister banks in Britain.

The same principles will apply for Ulster Bank, which is still struggling to get its electronic-payments systems up to date for 600,000 customers.

Hundreds of workers, including HSE nurses, have yet to receive pay that was due to them on June 21.

The bank is promising to have most accounts updated by next Monday. Its chief executive, Jim Brown, said last week that Ulster was working on a plan to ensure that those who lost out all get payments to reflect the inconvenience suffered.

The Central Bank has demanded that a "restitution plan" is put in place.

A spokeswoman for Ulster Bank said yesterday: "RBS/ NatWest have confirmed how they will be putting it right for customers.

"We are committed to finalising our plans for compensation in the coming days, albeit that the same principles will apply. We have confirmed that no customer, or customers of other banks, will be left permanently out of pocket and that we are working with credit-reference agencies to ensure that customers' credit ratings are not impacted as a result of this issue."

Customers will be able to get compensation for:

• Overdraft fees (both for being overdrawn and exceeding a credit limit.

• Overdraft interest.

• Late-payment fees and interest on mortgages, loans and credit cards.

• Interest wrongly charged on late payments.

• Cash-advance fees and interest on credit cards.

People who either bank with Ulster, or who had wages or social welfare delayed because it is routed through the bank, will also be able to claim for missed savings-account interest.

Meltdown

People impacted by the systems meltdown have been advised to keep written details of any losses and present this as evidence to the bank.

Banking experts said that the customer refunds and compensation bill for Ulster Bank alone could run into millions of euro.

UK banking experts have estimated that the costs for the three banks could top €130m.

- Charlie Weston Personal Finance Editor

This isn't compensation. This is getting money back that was rightfully yours in the first place. That's on the condition that you tell them too, otherwise they stand to benefit from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

are duplicate transactions not fixing themselves? Have one this weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

100gSoma wrote: »
    are duplicate transactions not fixing themselves? Have one this weeks.

I have 5 worth of 190 euro .. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

198321 wrote: »
    I have 5 worth of 190 euro .. :/

I rang the 1800 UB helpline. They put me through to Visa disputes. The Visa people said they cannot do anything until next week. In other words, wait and see if its resolved by week of July 16th etc. :/
    I had another one from yesterday but that resolved itself today. I just have one left outstanding from June 27th. anyway, Visa disputes said that if its still there in one week, call them again, but they will make a note of it on my account for now as flagged as a possible issue.

wait wait wait. It's the waiting game folks. Wait for wages, wait for direct debits, wait for duplicates to resolve. Wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

My lodgements are up to date but my phone bill wasnt paid and Ive a double debit.

But my mum whos 77 hasnt been paid her pension since the problems started. She rang them to see was anything lodged as she cant get to the bank and they said no and theres nothing she can do. They also confirmed that some double debits have come out :eek: Luckily shes a few quid for her holidays in the credit union but really this is ridicoulous

Bizarre. Yesterday's branch lodgement is showing up, but June 22nd's has mysteriously vanished into the nether regions of the RBS system. I assume (hope) it is being applied retrospectively, back to before the crisis and 'input' where it should be chronologically.

Then we can look at all those €12.70's and €4.44's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

This isn't compensation. This is getting money back that was rightfully yours in the first place. That's on the condition that you tell them too, otherwise they stand to benefit from it.

You're absolutely right Betty - I want proper financial compensation from UB for screwing up two weeks wages, the embarrassment and stress of not having money in my account so I could use my debit card (supermarket, local shops and garage), not having access to MY money (the basic reason for having a bank account), not keeping my money safe, and for being told lies at every step of the way. Nothing less than proper compensation - not refunds - will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

What are they doing ??

Yesterday a cheque I lodged 3 weeks ago showed up in my account, I thought thats grand, Im covered...
    I just checked and the cheque is now gone missing from my account leaving me with a balance of -€641..

wtf are they at ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

2qk4u wrote: »
    What are they doing ??

Yesterday a cheque I lodged 3 weeks ago showed up in my account, I thought thats grand, Im covered...
    I just checked and the cheque is now gone missing from my account leaving me with a balance of -€641..

wtf are they at ?
    i am the same , total joke at this stage... where did the cheque go?

Any transfer I made to AIB accounts has not shown up at the other end, multiple beneficiaries including several to MBNA over a week ago.

Back to normal my arse :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Has anyone successfully moved money to a non UB account in the past week.

Have to put money into the GF's AIB account for rent and I'm thinking it might be safer to withdraw and let her lodge it into her account. Can't be late 2 months in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Any transfer I made to AIB accounts has not shown up at the other end, multiple beneficiaries including several to MBNA over a week ago.

Back to normal my arse :mad:

If you're stuck, MBNA take payments through the post office. Just bring your credit card. They swipe it and the payment usually hits the MBNA card within 24 to 48 hours.

they can accept any MBNA card, not just their own brand One Direct cards. It's all the same regardless of the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

My account is up to date as of this morning.

Wages are due in tonight/tomorrow so fingers crossed.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

DD9090 wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully moved money to a non UB account in the past week.

Have to put money into the GF's AIB account for rent and I'm thinking it might be safer to withdraw and let her lodge it into her account. Can't be late 2 months in a row.

Trust me, withdraw the cash and lodge.

Solair wrote: »
    If you're stuck, MBNA take payments through the post office. Just bring your credit card. They swipe it and the payment usually hits the MBNA card within 24 to 48 hours.

they can accept any MBNA card, not just their own brand One Direct cards. It's all the same regardless of the brand.
    Thanks, I was aware of this but no longer possess the physical MBNA card ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

2qk4u wrote: »
    What are they doing ??

wtf are they at ?

Same here...

My Mrs had a balance of over €1,300 last week..Yesterday,the online account showed €0.00. We went to the ATM,,and it showed €188.00 in the account.

Checked this morning,,and it was €195.00 overdrawn.

So,no idea about money that's supposed to go in over the weekend now..Will it go in? Will be be minus the overdrawn amount if it does?

And,for the record,,she should not be overdrawn in the first place.

It's bordering on stupidity now ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

I'm lucky in that I've no duicates (right now), but I am running short of funds and have a further three days here on business.

There's been money lodged to my account & some of it has come through but not all of it.

I'm in a position where I don't actually know what my available balance is & as a result am nervous about using my card, so far from home, no-one to borrow from... Not good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Waiting for my online credit card payment to even show up in "scheduled payments" has now reached day 10. Really, really can't see that situation being sorted on Monday at the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Solair wrote: »

Thanks, I was aware of this but no longer possess the physical MBNA card ;)

You can probably do it with any MBNA bill for the same account too. It'll have a code on the end.

Today's sermon:
    The majority of our systems are now showing account balances as of Wednesday 11 July. However, some items, such as cheques, manual lodgements and some payments have yet to be processed and therefore will not be reflected in account balances. We expect that services should begin to return to normal from Monday 16 July.

Sure it's only money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

went in as a 300 euro amount showed up as got out of atm but didnt only explaination he had was there is alot of duplicates going on with accounts..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement