Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Sure it's only money.

That's the general attitude of modern banks! A billion here, a half a trillion there! Sure it's all wonderful as long as bonuses get paid.

If it all goes wrong get the general public to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

An outgoing transfer which I made last Thursday arrived at destination account today so it looks like they've cleared my backlog. Happy days!

As soon as Bank of Ireland send their VISA debit cards out I'm a gonner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Here's my problem:
    The majority of our systems are now showing account balances as of Wednesday 11 July. However, some items, such as cheques, manual lodgements and some payments have yet to be processed and therefore will not be reflected in account balances. We expect that services should begin to return to normal from Monday 16 July.

The devil is in the detail as they say.

It's either fixed or it's not, vague half baked statements are no help whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

so why did 2k come into my account yesterday and is missing today

An outgoing transfer which I made last Thursday arrived at destination account today so it looks like they've cleared my backlog. Happy days!

As soon as Bank of Ireland send their VISA debit cards out I'm a gonner.

I signed up yesterday, they are saying 8-10 days for the card to arrive. Yes they have account fees but the Visa Debit has a higher transaction limit which sealed the deal for me over PTSB (€2.5k V €1.5k).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jjd

whelan1 wrote: »
    so why did 2k
    come into my account yesterday and is missing today
    I think that might be mine the gob****es deducted double the ammount i withdrew in the branch last week leaving me -900 in the red today

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

Still no wages from HSE,A FARCE AT THIS STAGE!!!!!!! Tomorrow is pay day again.................and the free phone number on their(UB) website is of no help whatsoever...all I got today was that the bulk of the remaining problem that is outstanding is from the initial first few days of INDIA meltdown...but it will be probably next week when its fixed.I'm planning on asking for compensation of my nearly 3 week outstanding wages x 3 times due to all the time,trauma,etc.etc that I have encountered and endured over the past month. Still I can't get over how quite the Gov.are on this,obviously their electronic transfers are not coming through ULSTER BANK!!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Has anybody here gotten money they withdrew at a branch debited twice and if so has anybody actually got the extra debit credited back to the account as of yet?.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

We expect that services should begin to return to normal from Monday 16 July

So after 4 weeks of mayhem, things should start to be ok again. Or could. Maybe. Hopefully.

What kinda message is that? :mad:

Like they still haven't a clue when it's going to be fixed? And when it is fixed, all those reimbursements will have to be made on a case by case basis. That will take months. And then we will need to get compensation, in 2013 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Anyone have duplicate debits/deposits sorted?

€50 of my money still floating in banking space atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

DD9090 wrote: »
    Anyone have duplicate debits/deposits sorted?

€50 of my money still floating in banking space atm.

Does being paid twice count?

So tempting to see the money in my account...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Savman wrote: »
    I signed up yesterday, they are saying 8-10 days for the card to arrive. Yes they have account fees but the Visa Debit has a higher transaction limit which sealed the deal for me over PTSB (€2.5k V €1.5k).

How does the BOI VB compare to UB? I thought the foreign currency transactions charged a higher premium? Looking to move to BOI shortly. the account fees aren't an issue. Just wondering how the app and VD card measure up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

At this stage, you'd have to start to question whether they're actually able to fix it at all.
    I just cannot believe that this is going on for so long.

There are a lot of customers, particularly older ones, who don't use internet banking and may just get a huge shock when they discover their statement's full of charges and errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 natlu2809

I just rang about a payment I made from current a/c to a ptsb a/c for mortgage. Made payment monday, its not there today. Im told that if its a problem I should talk to the other bank, they could help, or I could use Western Union to transfer some money instead. I nearly fell off my seat.

Otherwise, it will "take another few days" for it to transfer, and the other duplicate transactions (debits) on my account "should" be cleared up by COB Friday (why dont they just say monday).

Switcheroo time.

100gSoma wrote: »
    How does the BOI VB compare to UB? I thought the foreign currency transactions charged a higher premium? Looking to move to BOI shortly. the account fees aren't an issue. Just wondering how the app and VD card measure up.

BOI withdrawals & transactions in the Eurozone are part of the standard current account rate. Outside the Eurozone they charge from 1.75-3.5% depending on type.

More info here: http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/current-accounts/visa-debit-cards/

I'm kicking myself for not switching sooner, at least most of this would have been behind me. Now if Ulster Bank would be so kind as to give me my sheckles I'll be on my merry way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Savman wrote: »
    I'm kicking myself for not switching sooner, at least most of this would have been behind me. Now if Ulster Bank would be so kind as to give me my sheckles I'll be on my merry way.

I hear you. It's a sad situation. The only time BOI ever paid me any attention was on the day I was removing a 5 figure sum 5 years ago. Other than that I always felt like their attention (branch staff) was on business users (maybe this was just my branch and not institutional though). UB on the other hand had been a good experience up until this fiasco. I always got great treatment and even got fees waived on their premium uFirst accounts (10euro a month). It's sad to punish the local branch by removing all my business over the inept handling of this "glitch".
    Looks like there will be no compensation to speak of either. I won't remove my savings at a loss to myself however, just to prove a point. I still think I'm getting the best deal for demand deposit at the minute, with interest paid quarterly too. Will certainly revise this now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They've managed to get my balance correct now for the first time since 'The Troubles'.
    UPC payment due to go in a couple of days, some other payments coming up and the dreaded rent payment on the 21st.... not sure if to stick or fold.

Will have to move cash from my UB savings online to current account...
    Has this been working of late?

UB to UB is working fine*

*I accept no responsibility for lost funds.

Be Wary.
    If UB to UB transfers are working then how come thousands of HSE workers haven't been paid since 14 June.......Ulster Bank to Ulster Bank transfer was and still is all that is needed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Has anyone had any EFT's from a foreign bank applied to their account? Waiting on a refund from Thomann which is in Germany for way too long at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Be Wary.
    If UB to UB transfers are working then how come thousands of HSE workers haven't been paid since 14 June.......Ulster Bank to Ulster Bank transfer was and still is all that is needed!

Here is the latest BS from the HSE about salaries......

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]UPDATE FROM ULSTER BANK FOR PAYEES OF HSE WHO ARE CLIENTS OF ULSTER BANK - WEDNESDAY 11TH JULY
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]HSE payees who are Ulster Bank customers[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]In the Republic of Ireland the majority of our systems are showing account balances for customers as of Wednesday 11 July 2012. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]However, there are still payments remaining which have yet to be reflected in account balances and we are aware of some specific issues regarding some payment runs for the HSE, which are as a result of the Ulster bank's present systems issues. The bank's technology team continue to work to resolve these problems. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]As a result, some transactions may not yet be either debited or credited to customer accounts and the order of transactions on Anytime Banking may not be in the normal date order on accounts at this stage. All affected accounts will continue to be updated as we work through this backlog of payments.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]We expect that this will be the final week of any significant delays for Ulster Bank customers. We expect gradual, but significant and noticeable improvements throughout the remainder of th is week and next. It is our expectation that by the week of the 16 July the vast majority of customers will return to a normal service, barring any residual reconciliation required.

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]We continue to have arrangements in place to ensure HSE staff who are clients of Ulster Bank have access to their money in the event that a credit is not received into their account. Please visit an Ulster Bank branch bringing your photographic ID, HSE payslip and account details with you.

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]HSE staff who are Ulster Bank credit card holders can also access cash using our cash advance service. We will waive the cash advance fee and interest for Ulster Bank credit card holders who use their credit card to access cash during the current incident.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]HSE payees who are non-Ulster Bank customers [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]All payments that were due to be credited should now be available to HSE payees[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

Sick of waiting for husbands HSE wage to arrive now :mad: They bloody better sort it out soon. I was hoping to see it before tomorrows wage arrives (keeping everything crossed it does arrive) As it stands now, tomorrows wage will go towards sorting out the account thats 1500 euro overdrawn thanks to this unbelievable fiasco. And we'll have to continue making an hour round trip just to get money out over the counter. Just can't believe how bad this still is....over 3 weeks later for so many people :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

FINALLY! my account has been credited with the over the counter lodgements I made over two weeks ago.

Im still waiting on a couple of duplicate atm transactions to drop off though :(

FINALLY! my account has been credited with the over the counter lodgements I made over two weeks ago.

Im still waiting on a couple of duplicate atm transactions to drop off though :(
    dont hold your breath ,mine disappeared today after they arrived in yesterday- bloody joke- am waiting til the morning and if they are not back in my account the **** will hit the fan.... have been very patient up til now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

dont hold your breath ,mine disappeared today after they arrived in yesterday- bloody joke- am waiting til the morning and if they are not back in my account the **** will hit the fan.... have been very patient up til now

:eek:
    thats shocking. if they disappear on me, you can be sure ill be losing the plot in branch to someone. after all our waiting, thats just not on!

:eek:
    thats shocking. if they disappear on me, you can be sure ill be losing the plot in branch to someone. after all our waiting, thats just not on!
    well between this crap with ub and the weather i am fit to crack, so that is the last straw... checked a few times today to see if it came back and nothing... will check early in the morning and then ring them at 9 if its not back in, will ring my account manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

+1 ...

This is how serious our Government are about rectifying the ULSTER BANK fiasco

,note the following from Ulster Bank must resolve technical issue without delay

Sarah MeadeJune 21st, 2012

HSE staff affected by bank glitch

Fine Gael Meath East TD, Regina Doherty, has today (Thursday) moved to reassure HSE staff who have been left without their wages, as a result of technical problems at Ulster Bank. Deputy Doherty has also called on the Bank to resolve the issues without delay.

“Concerns have been expressed to me this morning that there was some sort of problem within the HSE that led to workers not being paid. Let me state categorically; workers were not paid due to technical problems with the HSE’s clearing bank, Ulster Bank.

“The HSE is contacting employees today to reassure them that the problem is being addressed by Ulster Bank.

“It is essential that Ulster Bank resolves this problem as quickly as possible. According to the Bank, it may now be tomorrow before it is rectified. That is completely unsatisfactory to those who have been left with no pay.

“The Bank needs to explain what contingency plans it has in place ahead of the weekend. I understand that HSE staff who are paid on a weekly basis – as well as some social welfare claimants – are among those affected. These people don’t have cash reserves that they can dip into when required; they need their payments, and they need them now.”

ENDSG website dated 21 June:

21 DAYS LATER AND HAVE WE MOVED ON ONE LITTLE BIT?

We are now at 12th July and sweet fcuk all has been done.
    pERHAPS IT IS NOW TIME FOR ALL PEOPLE CAUGHT UP IN THIS FIASCO TO DOWN TOOLS AND NOT WORK AGAIN UNTIL ACTUAL FUNDS ARE IN ulster bank ACCOUNTS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The government should stop using UB for all payments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement