Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If you're late on any loans / credit card payments - Insist that the lender notes the reason on your account.

While you might get the fees refunded now, the risk is that when you go to request some other product or a limit review later on that they'll say you defaulted on a payment in July 2012.

This isn't your credit rating on the Irish Credit Bureau, but just based on the local payment history at your bank / credit card provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

still waiting on one duplicate atm transaction to fall off. should i call them about it or just wait until next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

still waiting on one duplicate atm transaction to fall off. should i call them about it or just wait until next week?

I had a duplicate transaction there since Monday and just checked my online banking and it's gone now.

Everything back to normal for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

I have a duplicate debit since the beginning of this fiasco. It's from June 27th.
    Rang UB, who just transferred me through to Visa disagreements line who told me to wait until next week and see if it clears. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

I was also asked to wait until next week and see if it clears. If not I am meant to ring them back then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

PAyment to KBC which uses Ulsterbank from BOI on June 22nd still not through :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

payment to Iceland Clonmel on 3 July - was not in Clonmel

Ah, but were you in an Iceland? Some places process through one central location, for example, I wasn't in Dublin for this transaction, but I did use an An Post Vending Machine, which wasn't in Dublin.

3 Jul 2012 POS 1234 29JUN12 , AN POST STAMP , VENDING , DUBLIN IE

The date of the transaction is in the description, and not the date column, for example, the above transaction took place on the 29th of June and not the 3rd of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

kermit_ie wrote: »
    payment to Iceland Clonmel on 3 July - was not in Clonmel

Ah, but were you in an Iceland? Some places process through one central location, for example, I wasn't in Dublin for this transaction, but I did use an An Post Vending Machine, which wasn't in Dublin.

3 Jul 2012 POS 1234 29JUN12 , AN POST STAMP , VENDING , DUBLIN IE

The date of the transaction is in the description, and not the date column, for example, the above transaction took place on the 29th of June and not the 3rd of July.

I can honestly say that I have never been to an Iceland store. However, I have been to Iceland, the country, and I would recommend it as a tourist destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Does anyone know if they are processing current OTC lodgements. I have a Stg cheque that I want to lodge but I can't wait for a month for it to show in my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

In my local branch lodgements are showing within hours, although still done manually so your mileage may vary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

Anyone been onto UB or HSE today about our pay from 3 weeks back?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Savman wrote: »
    In my local branch lodgements are showing within hours, although still done manually so your mileage may vary.

Thanks will chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

I paid out €350 online to my CC bill last Monday, July 2 and it still hasn't shown up on my "scheduled payments" even. No way that will be sorted by Monday as far as I can see.
    Same here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

I paid out €350 online to my CC bill last Monday, July 2 and it still hasn't shown up on my "scheduled payments" even. No way that will be sorted by Monday as far as I can see.
    3 payments to UB Credit Card over the last ten days, all gone from my account but yet to hit Credit Card account.

Good luck with that. Online payment left my BOI account on the 19th of June, well before the UB CC due date of the 30th, and I've now got a late payment charge, an overlimit charge and a completely useless credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Anyone been onto UB or HSE today about our pay from 3 weeks back?:(

E-mailed that e-mail that someone gave to find out where June 21st pay was,they wrote back to say they were just a general info line and to get onto salaries locally,which I did and waiting for "someone" to get back to me.....:rolleyes:not too optimistic that I wont get the millionth fob-off since the time this started....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

100gSoma wrote: »
    I have a duplicate debit since the beginning of this fiasco. It's from June 27th.
    Rang UB, who just transferred me through to Visa disagreements line who told me to wait until next week and see if it clears. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If they tell us to wait what happened with promise : no customer would be left out of pocket

as far as I know they holding to our money, we have no access to that money

• Registered Users Posts: 43 anthonyross

i bought something on ebay and i need to pay for it by bank transfer i have his details but what is the best way to do it im with ulster bank so im stuck i dont know how long it would take or should i opening a different account with a different bank to do it any help thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

falcon travel just rang me i now cant go on my holidays saturday cus my credit card has ben declined oh i swear ulster bank ye have sum answering for to do to me

falcon travel just rang me i now cant go on my holidays saturday cus my credit card has ben declined oh i swear ulster bank ye have sum answering for to do to me

go into the branch tomorrow, if you have paid your credit card and it hasnt reached the account due to their technical difficulties, id say they would advance you the money to pay for the holiday.

go into the branch tomorrow, if you have paid your credit card and it hasnt reached the account due to their technical difficulties, id say they would advance you the money to pay for the holiday.

my cc account is upto date and i dont see why i should go begging for my own money its gone beyond a joke and tomorrow will be 2 late as they will prob have it sold on as a cancellation already im so so annoyed :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

+1
    i dont see why i should go begging for my own money

Just put it to them that your holiday will be cancelled if you don't pay. I betya UB will be begging you to take the money (instead of you suing them)!

my cc account is upto date and i dont see why i should go begging for my own money its gone beyond a joke and tomorrow will be 2 late as they will prob have it sold on as a cancellation already im so so annoyed :mad:

you say your cc account is up to date, does that mean there is an available balance on it?

if so, you should contact the bank as to why the transaction didnt go through.

you say your cc account is up to date, does that mean there is an available balance on it?

if so, you should contact the bank as to why the transaction didnt go through.

everything is in order according to the bank when i rang their helpline it should have went through but they are still having problems with payments now ive to take yet another mrning off work to go in and sort out problem ive had with them :mad: im actually going insane from it now

everything is in order according to the bank when i rang their helpline it should have went through but they are still having problems with payments now ive to take yet another mrning off work to go in and sort out problem ive had with them :mad: im actually going insane from it now

well if you have available funds on the card and it didnt go through then everything is obviously not in order. i would contact the bank again and press home that point.

if i were you id be fighting for compo over a lost holiday. ask to be put through to the complaints dept if youre not happy with their resolution

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Just off the phone with the "helpline".

My balance has two mysterious transactions on it, one for 63.99 & one for 1.31. I recognise neither & they can only tell me they're pos transactions.

I don't recognise them either, I'm stuck here in London now with just 30 available on my card & Im going to be another 24 hours here. I need to eat tomorrow & also get to the airport.

I was going to pick up the wife something as she been stuk with the kids all week but now I can't afford to do that.

I didn't eat on Wednesday because my card had been declined on Tuesday on a different transaction & the funds I'd transferred in a week before hadn't cleared yet.

Very not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

My account seems to be up to date except

- my ulster redit card bill payment which I made online on the 3rd which isn't showing up on my Ulster CC account
    - my HSE salary from the 28th :mad::mad:

I transferred a nominal amount thro' Ulster online banking on Wednesday to my friend's AIB account and got him to do the same vice versa on the same day just as a test transfer......both transfers went through 24 hrs later on Thursday!......I reckon the batch processing is back up and running and it seems it's the fcuking backlog from the last few weeks of June which they have still not got around to clearing

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Betty Swallox

For those of you willing to stay with Ulster Bank despite the misery they put you through in the past month, simply because they're one of he only banks left that aren't charging current account fees, then read this article from the Indo:

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/100-tds-and-senators-demand-that-ulster-bank-pays-delay-fees-3166976.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

For those of you willing to stay with Ulster Bank despite the misery they put you through in the past month, simply because they're one of he only banks left that aren't charging current account fees, then read this article from the Indo:

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/100-tds-and-senators-demand-that-ulster-bank-pays-delay-fees-3166976.html
    what if no other bank will take you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

my lodgements have cleared 2-3 weeks after they where lodged, going shopping today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Betty Swallox

whelan1 wrote: »

what if no other bank will take you on?

Why wouldn't they take you on? Otherwise to avoid paying fees you'll have to maintain a minimum balance of 1,500 Euro to avoid fees according to the article, which is not realistic for most people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement