Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

My Acc is all over the shop, amounts changing all the time, im taking money out that im not sure i had !!!!!!!!! Am i doing the right thing, or is it a F**k them situation ???:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

whelan1 wrote: »
    For those of you willing to stay with Ulster Bank despite the misery they put you through in the past month, simply because they're one of he only banks left that aren't charging current account fees, then read this article from the Indo:

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/100-tds-and-senators-demand-that-ulster-bank-pays-delay-fees-3166976.html
    what if no other bank will take you on?

Why wouldn't they take you on? Otherwise to avoid paying fees you'll have to maintain a minimum balance of 1,500 Euro to avoid fees according to the article, which is not realistic for most people.
    Would another bank take you on with a 10,000 loan and finding it difficult to pay back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

As of this morning I am fully back up to date! Only took the guts of 3 weeks :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for people still trying to deal with this mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Why wouldn't they take you on? Otherwise to avoid paying fees you'll have to maintain a minimum balance of 1,500 Euro to avoid fees according to the article, which is not realistic for most people.
    i have a business account aib came out went through the motions and refused to take me on, boi didnt even return my calls:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

My account balance is up to date after lodging a cheque on Tuesday BUT my online CC payment that I made on July 2 is still nowhere to be found, not even in "scheduled payments". I sense an angry phone call on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I rang them up yesterday hoping that they could reverse some double charges that were made on my account during the fiasco.

I was told that if I needed it refunded immediately that I'd have to go to my branch with a passport to prove my identity etc... or I could just wait until they *eventually* reverse it whenever the hell that may be.

This really is a joke... why should I go out of my way to visit my local branch (which I have no real way of getting to easily during the week) which doesn't even open at the weekend or later in the day just to fix a **** up that they made?

Grrr...

It only amounts to about €50 but still that's €50 of my money that I could really do with right now.

As soon as I get this month's wages I'm giving all of my business to Permanent TSB and let that be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

Still no pay from HSE,both ULSTER BANK and HSE should have their fitness to practice licences revoked without further delay.

Missed payments,charges,missed out on holiday..the list goes on and on.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I am suppose to have gotten Direct debit payments paid into my account, Are these still slow processing or should they be in my account straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i paid my credit card online last week and it hasnt gone through
    is it true i could pay it over the phone and it would go through immediately instead? i only made the min payment to test if it would work, as i need to make a large payment that i can't afford to have stuck in the ether

i also need to use the card for booking stuff and i am wary of doing it at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I'm sorta up to date. The double debits haven't been fixed yet, cheques lodged almost 3 weeks ago in a branch haven't shown up, but apart from that quite a few credits such as child benefit and wife's maternity benefits are up to date.

The whole thing is incredibly frustrating though, as another poster mentioned, balances change and the available amount doesn't reflect the account balance etc, it's a mess.

Re compensation, I haven't been looking through the other hundreds of pages on here, but what is the process going to be? How will they be able to calculate the cost of the disruption? Presumably they'll pay black and white directly attributable charges only, which is obviously completely insufficient in terms of recompense.

I for one am unlikely to stay with them after this, my main issue is with the speed that the other more important parts of the group were rectified as opposed to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

My account balance is up to date after lodging a cheque on Tuesday BUT my online CC payment that I made on July 2 is still nowhere to be found, not even in "scheduled payments". I sense an angry phone call on Monday.

Same with me. Made it to my U Bank MC online. Also made payments to MBNA the same day but they're not due until the 22nd. Nothing has been received by any of these creditors. My account shows the funds left but have not been processed.

I also closed a loan I had with them on the 19th June. All paperwork signed in the branch. That loan is still showing! And I got charged the direct debit as well a few days ago...What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

bluewolf wrote: »
    i paid my credit card online last week and it hasnt gone through
    is it true i could pay it over the phone and it would go through immediately instead? i only made the min payment to test if it would work, as i need to make a large payment that i can't afford to have stuck in the ether

i also need to use the card for booking stuff and i am wary of doing it at this stage

I did that (paid over the phone), I wouldn't say it went through immediately, but it did show up within 2 days

Dacelonid wrote: »
    I did that (paid over the phone), I wouldn't say it went through immediately, but it did show up within 2 days

immediate by comparison to getting stuck in limbo anyway! might do that so

bluewolf wrote: »
    immediate by comparison to getting stuck in limbo anyway! might do that so

Sorry but you have a Visa Debit card yeah? Why not just use that for online payments in the mean time? At least the payments will be reflected in your actual balance.

I will await to see what kind of inconvenience compensation they come up with for this mess to decide wether I want to close my account or not.

Also as huge as this issue has been people need to report them to the Ombudsman! To date they've only had THREE complaints...

I'll be sending mine in later today. Utter W@nk...

Achilles wrote: »
    Sorry but you have a Visa Debit card yeah? Why not just use that for online payments in the mean time? At least the payments will be reflected in your actual balance.

I will await to see what kind of inconvenience compensation they come up with for this mess to decide wether I want to close my account or not.

Also as huge as this issue has been people need to report them to the Ombudsman! To date they've only had THREE complaints...

I'll be sending mine in later today. Utter W@nk...

I want it all kept organised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    I am suppose to have gotten Direct debit payments paid into my account, Are these still slow processing or should they be in my account straight away?

Did you mean standing orders???
    Or D/D to be paid OUT of your account?

Whatever it is, do not assume it's gonna be straight away in any of the accounts...time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

since 3 weeks I can`t make any international payment online. this is very disturbing for me, also last wage didn`t hit my acc. can I claim any compensation for that?

faral wrote: »
    since 3 weeks I can`t make any international payment online. this is very disturbing for me, also last wage didn`t hit my acc. can I claim any compensation for that?

Of course but please lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman...

Sanctions won't be imposed on Ulster Bank for this crap unless a significant number of people complain to the relevant authorities...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

Of course but please lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman...

Sanctions won't be imposed on Ulster Bank for this crap unless a significant number of people complain to the relevant authorities...
    thanks, is there any special form I can fill in or I just send a letter with complaint?

• Advertisement

faral wrote: »
    thanks, is there any special form I can fill in or I just send a letter with complaint?

http://www.financialombudsman.ie/making-a-complaint/

It clearly says you have to complain to your bank first...
    They will do nothing before you try to discuss your case with Ulster.
    After Ulster fails to compensate you, you can start process with FSO.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Right, I've stayed away from my online banking for the last few days because the balance changed about twice a day and I couldn't keep up with it. I've gone in today and:

1. I'm overdrawn. Fantastic. I've been using the account blind for the last 3 weeks, and paying rent, bills in cash, the whole things cocked up.
    2. One of my rent deposits (I pay weekly) is missing. I did the transfer a few hours before it all went tits up, and there's no sign of it at all.
    3. I'm travelling to London on the 26th, same day as I get paid. Every bit of overtime I've worked for the last 6 weeks for this trip is likely going to be swallowed up by this overdraft.

I went into the branch today and requested an emergency overdraft until the end of August. I clearly and simply stated that I had an account type that should never have been allowed to go overdrawn, that's why I chose it. I like my money to be controlled. It's taken years for me to pay off debts associated with credit cards and overdrafts and I never want to see either ever again. I nearly lost my marbles when I saw I was overdrawn. I was told straight up that my account type didn't permit an overdraft. I replied that my bank usually doesn't go down the tubes for 3 weeks and not allow me to see my balance.

The cashier was as nice as she could be (she's seen me over the last 3 weeks sweating over lodgements and withdrawals and bill stubs) but her hands were tied. I requested a callback from the manager, today, and am busy writing an email to the branch.

If I can't get an overdraft organised, I need to try and change my wages to another account. Simple as that. I've been planning this trip for months, it's only a cheap week in London with a friend but it's my holiday and after the year I've had, I'm really really looking forward to it.

How do I put into words how important it is that this get sorted out, that I'm usually the most laid back person in the world but I will hit the roof if I can't make this trip?

I've been singing the staffs praises for the last 3 weeks, I still am, but I have a horrible horrible feeling that now that the exciting drama and panic is over, it's straight back to normal rules of play, and nobody will budge.

Right, I've stayed away from my online banking for the last few days because the balance changed about twice a day and I couldn't keep up with it. I've gone in today and:

1. I'm overdrawn. Fantastic. I've been using the account blind for the last 3 weeks, and paying rent, bills in cash, the whole things cocked up.
    2. One of my rent deposits (I pay weekly) is missing. I did the transfer a few hours before it all went tits up, and there's no sign of it at all.
    3. I'm travelling to London on the 26th, same day as I get paid. Every bit of overtime I've worked for the last 6 weeks for this trip is likely going to be swallowed up by this overdraft.

I went into the branch today and requested an emergency overdraft until the end of August. I clearly and simply stated that I had an account type that should never have been allowed to go overdrawn, that's why I chose it. I like my money to be controlled. It's taken years for me to pay off debts associated with credit cards and overdrafts and I never want to see either ever again. I nearly lost my marbles when I saw I was overdrawn. I was told straight up that my account type didn't permit an overdraft. I replied that my bank usually doesn't go down the tubes for 3 weeks and not allow me to see my balance.

The cashier was as nice as she could be (she's seen me over the last 3 weeks sweating over lodgements and withdrawals and bill stubs) but her hands were tied. I requested a callback from the manager, today, and am busy writing an email to the branch.

If I can't get an overdraft organised, I need to try and change my wages to another account. Simple as that. I've been planning this trip for months, it's only a cheap week in London with a friend but it's my holiday and after the year I've had, I'm really really looking forward to it.

How do I put into words how important it is that this get sorted out, that I'm usually the most laid back person in the world but I will hit the roof if I can't make this trip?

I've been singing the staffs praises for the last 3 weeks, I still am, but I have a horrible horrible feeling that now that the exciting drama and panic is over, it's straight back to normal rules of play, and nobody will budge.

Is it Step account you have?
    I signed up for this one for the very same reason, and now i am overdrawn by over 660E???
    The thing is - if you have step account, they can't give you overdraft.
    But - well, they can cause your account to go overdrawn like that due to their incompetence.
    Needless to say, my pay is still not in the account, but they didn't have a problem with putting tellers transaction through....

Are today's wages coming in on time, or we have to wait again and again???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

no wages still. Seriously thinking of getting solicitors involved. If the shoe was on the other foot Ulster Bank wouldn't hesitate to penalise us

Aquila wrote: »
    My Visa Debit still isnt working:mad::mad::mad::mad:

At this stage i am more than happy that i opened another account - payroll advised for this month pay.

Just off the phone with friend, he did not get paid today, I still wait for pay from 28/06.

Now the question is - how the hell are they claiming they sorted most of the people, and they send this message to the media about how great they are doing?
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is another collapse within days.
    There is an improvement, but it is far from what it should be.
    I am going to call them now, and demand the money credited into my account. This is disgrace. They hold on to it for too long...2 weeks???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Are you not overdrawn simply because they have not credited your account when appropriate? Check your statement online and see what/which credits are missing.

For example I have an overdraft facility on my account which has been exceeded because no cheque lodgements have been processed into my account since 'The Happening' on June 21st or whenever it was.
    Exceeding my limit doesn't worry me as they will make good any charges and it ensured that standing orders and direct debits were honoured etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭davehey79

just penned my complaint letter to the local branch and have the FSOB complaint filled out too pending any / a reply from local branch. no mid month still since the 10th :( raging to say the least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

The saga continues...part 300000000 ans counting!!!

Made TWO PNONECALLS in last hour:

Call 1 : HSE: 'Your missing salary is not our problem.....Ulster Bank are at fault and they should not be blaming us.

Call 2: Ulster Bank: me: 'where is my missing salary from weeks back.....
    UB; Did hse PAY IT?
    Me: Yes ,I have the payslip...and seemingly can withdraw all my money if I want to but this will mess up my a/c even further .....and furthermore I'm fed up listening to the media saying all is sorted regarding UB..

UB: All is not sorted,Hse payments are among some of the work we are dealing with now and accounts will be up to date by Monday 16THJuly

Me: If I go to ATM on Monday 16TH July my a/c will show my long awaited HSE salary!??
    UB: Yes,everything WILL be up to date
    Me: Thank You,enjoy your weekend of work!!!
    UB: Thank you for your call

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement