Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Achilles wrote: »
    This is the exact reason that I'm trying to get people to do the sensible thing and complain the ombudsman... what the hell has happened in this country?

Our government feck us over and we do nothing... stuff like this happens and we do nothing...

The Irish had fight in them once for what was right... have we all just turned in to lazy moaners?

To be honest, I will be complaining and most likely moving my account, but I'm not doing anything until they've 'resolved the issue' as there's no point in having to write a number of different letters as we discover each thing that is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Also don't forget that whilst all this cash that's unaccounted for is sitting in some holding account somewhere it's earning the bank ALOT of money in interest.

Genuine question here - How would it ?

Who would be paying Ulster Bank interest - Has the money tied up in the backlog being deposited elsewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

lodged a complaint 7 working days ago and still waiting for a call back when i went into branch this morning (after taking another morning off work to sort things out) over my holiday been cancelled due to a lack of funds on my card as theyre system hasnt updated yet any of my payments basically my branch manager was like its my own tough luck oh im raging im still overdrawn and i cant even touch my wages cuz of there error :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Also don't forget that whilst all this cash that's unaccounted for is sitting in some holding account somewhere it's earning the bank ALOT of money in interest.

Genuine question here - How would it ?

Who would be paying Ulster Bank interest - Has the money tied up in the backlog being deposited elsewhere?
    I can't be bothered explaining why but this thread on another forum does a pretty good job of it:
    http://www.scoobynet.com/showthread.php?t=239333&styleid=25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

HSE employee here......Salary from the 28th of June has FINALLY come through....showing up on online banking now

I'll now go from having not getting paid for 44 days to now getting paid twice within 12 days when my salary for July comes through on the 26th (hopefully!).....It wont be going into Ulster bank that's for sure!!.....happy days are here again:)

The only transaction that is still pending is my Ulster credit card bill payment that I made on the 3rd of July which is still not showing up on my Credit card account:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

I have been double paid by Ulster Bank. My salary which should of went in on June 28th which finally went in on July 3rd and now has been put in again today.

If I didn't have online banking I wouldn't of had a clue throughout this fiasco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    I have been double paid by Ulster Bank.

Same here, money due next week is in my account, plus next weeks dds have been taken out. Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Has anyones over the counter lodgements started showing up on their accounts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

I had an over the counter lodgement from June 26 show up last week. However I see this morning that there have been some double transactions over night. I've being waiting for it all to settle down and let them correct everything but its getting hard to keep track of all the various double transactions now at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

All had been well with my account for the last week except a small duplicate transaction. Manual withdrawals had been taken and wages due on 27th June had been credited a week or do ago.

Now this morning my wages have been credited again, with a transaction date of the 16th July.

Morons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Finally got paid for the 21st & 28th this morning, have a couple of duplicate DD's, but will wait till Monday to see if they delete.
    What is more worrying is the fact that I have made €500 in payments to my credit card, which haven't shown up yet from the 21st and subsequent weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Has anyones over the counter lodgements started showing up on their accounts ?
    yup, all up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

All had been well with my account for the last week except a small duplicate transaction. Manual withdrawals had been taken and wages due on 27th June had been credited a week or do ago.

Now this morning my wages have been credited again, with a transaction date of the 16th July.

Morons.

Exactly the same here, wages from the 21st of June credited with a date of the 16th of July (duplicate) and an already debited DD debited again dated on the 16th. In all this fiasco, I have no manual IOUs to sort out and was keeping my Visa debit to a minimum to make it easier to sort everything out, yet they still managed to f**k it up.

As they still harping on about this being fixed by the week of the 16th then... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

from ulster bank:

"We expect that services should begin to return to normal from Monday 16 July."

look closely at how they worded that 'should begin', they can easily draw it out for another couple of weeks and when people complain about the 16th july deadline gone. UB can simply say that some of there customers are back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I thought they had sorted most of this sh1t at this stage. My card got rejected there when I should have had about €700 in my account. Just checked online banking and they have taken a €1300 standing order early (due Mon/tues). Normally this would be fine, but they have not credited my salary yet which means I have a balance of -€641. This carry on is pure muppetry if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

I thought they had sorted most of this sh1t at this stage. My card got rejected there when I should have had about €700 in my account. Just checked online banking and they have taken a €1300 standing order early (due Mon/tues). Normally this would be fine, but they have not credited my salary yet which means I have a balance of -€641. This carry on is pure muppetry if you ask me.

Same here, mortgage and UPC gone out early. However, now when I look closer they are duplicate entries from 3 weeks ago. Looks like they are up to their old tricks.

Now hit with interest and late charge on credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Same here, mortgage and UPC gone out early. However, now when I look closer they are duplicate entries from 3 weeks ago. Looks like they are up to their old tricks.

Now hit with interest and late charge on credit card.

Same here, my UPC and Three Mobile bills have gone out early but I suspect that, like yourself, they are duplicate entries from about the 26th of June as my Three Bill for this month dosn't match up to the amount taken out but it does match with last months bill. Mortgage due Monday, that should be a barrel of laughs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

Looks like the only duplicate on my account is my FIS payment. I am not due another one until Thursday but one in showing up on my account now dated the 16th. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yep, getting double billed now, this is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

I just received two small amounts of money due to me from a few weeks back for the second time. They came through around 2 weeks ago and now have come through again. It's only around 25 euro but I dunno if I should consider this my compensation (!) or if it'll vanish again in a few hours.

• Advertisement

danois wrote: »
    Looks like the only duplicate on my account is my FIS payment. I am not due another one until Thursday but one in showing up on my account now dated the 16th. :rolleyes:

Sssssshhhhhhh I got paid an extra wage from the 16th aswell :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

van_beano wrote: »
    danois wrote: »

Sssssshhhhhhh I got paid an extra wage from the 16th aswell :cool:

How long ago was that? Is there any sign of them taking the extra wage back off you?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

HSE wage shows up on atm slip dated ......16 July!!!!!,today is 14th!!!!, :confused:this salary is from 3 weeks back!!!!! yet by looking into the future I may be able to get it on Monday....................credit card payment from last Monday in cyber space some where,gone from my a/c but not in cc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fast forward to Monday:confused::confused::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

If people havent been keeping a really close eye on accouts it would be very easy to spend that extra money by mistake. I am sure if everyone got a second wage they will eventually cop it and take it back. I just hope people haven't spent it all by then!!!!

I will just leave it where it is and not touch it until they fix it. I dont want to end up owing them money because of their mess up:eek:

samsamson wrote: »
    How long ago was that? Is there any sign of them taking the extra wage back off you?

I only noticed it this morning, I get paid weekly. I am uptodate with my wages since about last week, however an extra one landed in last night so I don't know what's gonna happen, it'd be nice if they left it there, it'd be even nicer if they gave me more......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

samsamson wrote: »

I got paid double last Sat am - it's finally gone this morning

juke wrote: »
    I got paid double last Sat am - it's finally gone this morning

They've obviously given me your wages, Juke ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

ok also received my wages from 3 weeks ago again today !!!

- what can we do with this money ?

- if we leave it sit in the account - can UB take it back with one swoop?

- IF we take it out could we get penalties or some crap alot of my friends have done a smash and grab this morning

- what I have actually done with it is paid off my credit card debt of 497 which i accumulated through lack of funds due to the "technical glitch" so i used my credit card for day to day such as groceries and petrol to get me to work

so I figure the money is better spent getting rid of that and hopefully it helps not to gain as much interest as if it were on the card
    and ulster bank interest on the overdraft will be a bit kinder than the having it on the card if you catch me - however once they discover the double payment its gona put my account into irregularity , so il probly get a charge of 4.44 but im sure they will get rid of that .

rather have my credit card paid off and have an overdraft , its something ! ,,

WHO are the experts around here - what can we get away with with this money
    what are they gona make us to to pay it back 5e a week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

I put through 2 payments from my AIB account to My Ulster Bank Mastercard 2 weeks ago but they havent shown up as yet? I thought Ulster Bank Credit Cards were not affected by the recent shambles as they were on a different system or maybe I heard wrong??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

i also paid 150e off my ub mastercard credit card on the 9th of july through mobile money and it hasnt gone off it

- and ulster bank mobile money had become good in recent times - cause when you paid money off it was coming off the card 2 days later so you weren't going to get interest

id love now if it just came off it cause it would be a weight off my mind

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement