Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Ok so, hopefully it should show up soon. I was just a little worried it had disappeared:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

I got a salary overnight last night in error also. I'm paid fortnightly and was up-to-date up until yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Now I'm being charged interest on my CC, despite making an online payment (with the money leaving my account instantly) that still hasn't shown up since I made the payment 13 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

okay i also got my salary again in error

trying to pretend it's not there, but it's lovely to look at :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

ok guys i rang them - they said that the double payment will be taken off customers balance next monday the 16th so its probably a good idea not to spend it :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

HSE wage shows up on atm slip dated ......16 July!!!!!,today is 14th!!!!, :confused:this salary is from 3 weeks back!!!!! yet by looking into the future I may be able to get it on Monday....................credit card payment from last Monday in cyber space some where,gone from my a/c but not in cc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fast forward to Monday:confused::confused::mad::mad:

All lodgments credited on a Monday are available to withdraw via the ATM on a Saturday.

There has always been the case. Your statement will show the monies being credited on Monday 16 July but can withdrew them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

W86indow wrote: »
    ok guys i rang them - they said that the double payment will be taken off customers balance next monday the 16th so its probably a good idea not to spend it :(

I have the suspicion that'll only apply to duplicate payments in and not duplicate DDs taken out, duplicate ATM transactions and all the other random sh*t on my account :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Also got a duplicate salary payment there too. Paid fortnightly and is not due until the 18th. Up to date otherwise I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Yup.. More wages last night. I'm not due anything until the 19th. This is a fk up of epic proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Now I'm being charged interest on my CC, despite making an online payment (with the money leaving my account instantly) that still hasn't shown up since I made the payment 13 days ago.

You will get this back, but it is very annoying. I phoned the helpline this morning about a similar matter and duplicates on my current a/c. It's not a bad idea to phone and get it on record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

I've been going through my statement. I withdrew money at ATMs 5 times in the last 3 weeks. On two occasions it says I withdrew the same amount twice at an ATM. So they have duplicated two withdrawals and now have me down as withdrawing money 7 times at ATMs when it should be 5 times.

I really don't know which transactions are real anymore as I cant remember all of my banking transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ugh... they've just taken out my direct debit for last month's ESB payment AGAIN.

This is getting ****ing ridiculous at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Last week cancelled all my DDs and initiated the process of setting them up with companies myself for my new BOI account.

Left the EBS active because it was due out. It went out so I went in to cancel that DD and noticed they were ALL active again. I had taken a screen print to prove I had cancelled them.

Went into UB yesterday to clear out my account and asked for proof all my standing orders and DDs were cancelled. I was given two Standing order cancelled print outs but was told that even if I cancel my DDs companies can still go into my account and take money.

Without my permission I asked?
    Yes, they can just change the originator reference?
    Yes, but when I clearly direct you NOT to pay these companies, you'll still pay them.
    Yes.

Will form another paragraph of my complaint. What a stupid thing to say. Companies will not change the originator reference. I work for a company using DDs and we CANNOT and WILL NOT change the originators number to get money.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Will form another paragraph of my complaint. What a stupid thing to say. Companies will not change the originator reference. I work for a company using DDs and we CANNOT and WILL NOT change the originators number to get money.

someone actually said meteor did exactly that to them in the consumer issues forum. another example of the DD scheme abuse.
    edit: i don't know if they said "originator number" but they did change a number so they could still get into the person's bank account as the original reference/meteor had been blocked

include it in the complaint and be prepared to report it further

For anyone that's pro-active and wants to complain to Ulster Bank properly I've just been on to Anytime banking complaints line again and got this number from them for the central complaints team in Dublin:

Central Complaints Team

01-7025351

For anyone that's interested...

Once I receive an official reply from Ulster Bank I'm going straight to the Ombudsman...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Companies will not change the originator reference. I work for a company using DDs and we CANNOT and WILL NOT change the originators number to get money.

Yes they do.

Solution - have as few DDs as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Geri Male wrote: »
    Yes they do.

Solution - have as few DDs as possible.

i learned that lesson the hard way

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Duplicate income and duplicate UPC direct debit from last month hitting today :mad:

WTF are they doing???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

unkel wrote: »
    duplicate UPC direct debit from last month hitting today :mad:

WTF are they doing???

I have a DD today for UPC dated the 16th July. I assumed that it was next months going early. Can't tell if duplicate as they are the same amount every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Mine is definitely last months UPC gone out again. We recently got broadband so this months will be more.

Got paid again also. It can't be right because thursday wages are due to go into my new bank account with ptsb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

DD9090 wrote: »
    I have a DD today for UPC dated the 16th July. I assumed that it was next months going early. Can't tell if duplicate as they are the same amount every month.

I'm almost 100% sure it's a duplicate - I have the same for UPC but as I changed my subs a bit before the sh*tstorm started, it's a different amount than usual. Sure enough, it was already taken for last month and now I have a duplicate one dated the 16th. Along with duplicate wages which seems to be happening a lot today...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

DD9090 wrote: »

No, it's a duplicate. My UPC is due the 28th of every month and they never collect it early. The bill is not even available on line yet on upc.ie

As you and others have said, both these transactions are dated 16th July (next Monday)

Also my income is a duplicate from the 21st June. It even uses the same reference which is supposed to be unique :rolleyes:

Are they just guessing? What are they doing? Anyone with any inside information on what way they are (manually) entering data? Based on what?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

myxi wrote: »
    Mine is definitely last months UPC gone out again. We recently got broadband so this months will be more.

Got paid again also. It can't be right because thursday wages are due to go into my new bank account with ptsb!

Funny that, i just checked my account a few minutes ago there and my June UPC payment has gone out again. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They seem to have run the June 21 batch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

They seem to have run the June 21 batch again.

The Indians must have forgotten that they had processed that day already

Outsourcing their IT to India was one of the complaints that I raised... hopefully somebody actually listens to that although I doubt they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Duplicate ESB bill from the 27th of June came out today, and now had left me stone cold broke. Rang their customer support and there was nothing they could do, they also refused to temporarily increase my OD till Monday to cover me.

I'm moving banks for sure now

Vicxas wrote: »
    Duplicate ESB bill from the 27th of June came out today, and now had left me stone cold broke. Rang their customer support and there was nothing they could do, they also refused to temporarily increase my OD till Monday to cover me.

Same here and I have my gf's and my brother's birthday coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Given that they've basically lost your money, I can't see how they even have any option but to facilitate you!!

That response is totally unacceptable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

pretty shocking stuff considering what they have done to so many people the past few weeks.

before you move banks i would lodge a formal complaint with UB. then when you get a final response from them, move on to the ombudsman over it.

dont let them get away with treating you like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement