Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I have a staff account (which is 100% up to date no duplicates, staff get paid on the 16thish of each month) and a regular current account, which has had duplicates etc.

I've had to take time off work to visit branches and do manual withdrawals, go back to branches to verify withdrawals due to lack of receipts etc.

Is that inconvenience? If it is and I'm entitled to compensation then so are a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Currently bank transferring all my money out of Ulster Bank and into Bank of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Currently bank transferring all my money out of Ulster Bank and into Bank of Ireland.

Without your consent ?

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Without your consent ?

Sorry no, just transferring it all out now bit by bit as much as I can each day. :D

Chatted with an agent online who said online transactions should be back to their regular 1 working day turn-a-round.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sorry no, just transferring it all out now bit by bit as much as I can each day. :D

Chatted with an agent online who said online transactions should be back to their regular 1 working day turn-a-round.

They were last week for me :)

• Advertisement

Good to know! Just gotta change my bank details now with payroll in work and thats me done and dusted.

Smell ya later Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I was only messing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got my duplicate transactions back this morning but have left it too late for me to pay my DD's this week.

Whats the bets route to lodge an official complaint with UB?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got my wages removed from my account. Fair play. Think one DD was cancelled and either not sent or refunded back. Hard to tell because Account Summary and Statement never match(EVER) but I checked with my BOI online account and the loan balance has dropped by one payment EXTRA.

I have written evidence handed to me by the cashier ALL standing orders were cancelled on the 13th. They paid this on the 16th and it did arrive. I closed my account on the 13th so should have a ZERO balance. I have €81.52 this morning. :D

There's my compensation folks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Surprise, surprise - duplicate wages removed today. Duplicate DD - still there. Duplicate ATM transaction - still there. Interest applied to CC I paid on the 5th of July - there.

F**k you Ulster Bank - can't wait to get every last cent out of there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

J-blk wrote: »
    Surprise, surprise - duplicate wages removed today. Duplicate DD - still there. Duplicate ATM transaction - still there. Interest applied to CC I paid on the 5th o f July - there.

F**k you Ulster Bank - can't wait to get every last cent out of there.

My credit card is now up to date so all outstanding issues have been resolved

Islander13 wrote: »
    My credit card is now up to date so all outstanding issues have been resolved

So you don't call duplicate transactions and incorrectly applied interest charges, "outstanding issues"? I am so sick of their crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Got some of my transactions reversed this morning too. I'll still be lodging an official complaint with them however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

So you don't call duplicate transactions and incorrectly applied interest charges, "outstanding issues"? I am so sick of their crap.

I have no duplicate transactions or incorrectly applied interest charges. So yes, am now fully up to date

I have no duplicate transactions or incorrectly applied interest charges. So yes, am now fully up to date

Good for you. That does not mean "all outstanding issues" are resolved. Far from it it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That's not what he means.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Pockey

My duplicate salary lodgement from Sunday/Monday has been reversed this morning and all other payments, etc are on spot on at the moment. But ever the optimist, more mistakes to come no doubt......

I am very curious now to see how they will go about 'compensating' people apart from reversing charges, etc and sorting duplicate transactions on accounts (eventually)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

My account has been up to date since Friday last. Was due to get paid last Thursday and it arrived on Friday, no big deal being a day late.

Checked my balance this morning and they have taken out mysalary that was put in on Friday. Now I'm overdrawn again, I've no money in my account and I've to find the time to trek to a branch again to get MY MONEY. I'm sooooo fkn p1sssed off right now

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dan1113

The one that arrived on Friday was most likely a duplicate one from last month, that they have now reversed. Maybe the one due Thursday is late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Duplicate salary from last week is now gone and account seems to be back in order.

Have started to switch over to my new account while the going is good, see ya Jim :p

• Advertisement

Dan1113 wrote: »
    The one that arrived on Friday was most likely a duplicate one from last month, that they have now reversed. Maybe the one due Thursday is late.

I get paid every fortnight and Fridays payment had me right up to date. Luckily my mortgage, bills etc are not taken from this account. What goes I to this account is for day to day spending so I know exactly what should be going in and what's coming out. Can't believe they've taken it back out when my account was up to date.

I really feel for those of you who have Dd's and s/o's set up from your accounts. It's an awful mess!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

The duplicate wages that went in on Saturday have now been reversed. The credti card payment I sent on 5th of July has now been received.

However I still have a duplicate payment and a late payment fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Whats the 4.44 charge that people are getting?
    For being overdrawn?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mathie wrote: »
    Whats the 4.44 charge that people are getting?
    For being overdrawn?

yes, mine was automatically reversed by UB. also a 12.50 missed DD charge has also been auto reversed this morning.
    Still waiting on last Thursdays wages though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

My account is up to date as of this morning :eek:

Only took 27 days!

unkel wrote: »
    My account is up to date as of this morning :eek:

Only took 27 days!

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were u, they'll probably take something else in the next few days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Is anyone else still missing an over the counter withdrawal from their balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Still waiting for duplicates to get sorted out, also waiting on an atm withdrawal I never made to go.
    I rang up and was told "all duplicate transactions are now fixed...", I wasn't sure if she was trying to convince me that I'm making it up or what was going on there but it didn't go down too well and now I find out I have to go into the branch, fill out a bunch of forms and wait 2 weeks before they can even look at the atm transaction to try and get that sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

The duplicate wages from Saturday are now gone (reversed) from my account but I still have duplicate visa debit transactions.

• Advertisement

KeithTS wrote: »
    Still waiting for duplicates to get sorted out, also waiting on an atm withdrawal I never made to go.
    I rang up and was told "all duplicate transactions are now fixed...", I wasn't sure if she was trying to convince me that I'm making it up or what was going on there but it didn't go down too well and now I find out I have to go into the branch, fill out a bunch of forms and wait 2 weeks before they can even look at the atm transaction to try and get that sorted.

That's ridiculous. I can't even get through to them today but I'll go mental if that's the case. My branch isn't even in Dublin. And I still have a duplicate ATM transaction and duplicate DD to sort out + interest charges on CC. Why should we have to spend ages on the phone or go to a bloody branch to sort out their mistakes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement