Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

waiting on the phone past 20miins for to be answered DD wih sky 92.00e take out im not even with Sky i switched 12months ago and no duplicate trancations taken off still waiting on a weeks wages im overdrawn by 651.57 im fuming what money i have in it i cant even touch im sick of this and im not the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

This is great... so I'm pretty sure that direct debit has been reversed but I'm not sure as it's not reflected with my transactions.

Frustrating beyond belief...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Seems to be a real problem reversing duplicate transactions. I have the SAME one since June 27th. Reported it three times. It's not impacting me financially but thats hardly the point. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

2 payments to MBNA (AIB) still unaccounted for, been missing over a week now.
    Multiple DD's still not 'reconciled'.

I've more or less abandoned the a/c at this stage, still awaiting new BoI card & pin. I assume there's a backlog caused by the countless UB refugees who bailed early from the Titanic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Savman wrote: »
    I've more or less abandoned the a/c at this stage, still awaiting new BoI card & pin. I assume there's a backlog caused by the countless UB refugees who bailed early from the Titanic.

BOI are migrating over to VISA Debit and have customers ordering them earlier than their expiry date of their laser card AND people from UB as well. I got my card yesterday.

Didn't have the Contacless payment thing on it though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

This post has been deleted.

I lodged a cheque in a branch yesterday. It went into my account straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Finally have my bogus transactions removed which is great but doesn't make up for being stranded 400km from home & unable to buy food !!

OU812 wrote: »
    Finally have my bogus transactions removed which is great but doesn't make up for being stranded 400km from home & unable to buy food !!

I'd definitely claim compensation for that...

There's no excuse for them ruining people's holidays like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Duplicate DD transactions dated yesterday now reversed (reversals also dated yesterday, appearing before the duplicates).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Duplicate DD transactions dated yesterday now reversed (reversals also dated yesterday, appearing before the duplicates).

Yep same here. Duplicates were posted last Saturday morning, but dated 16/7. The reversals (were actually called UB176REVERSE :D) were posted this morning but also dated 16/7. And indeed the reversal appear above the duplicates, as if they happened first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭smokingman

Was on hold for 20 minutes after getting nothing from the phone banking guy and being redirected to complaints. Read the riot act.
    Waste of time really as they couldn’t tell me when I would get my money.

Told them I would be serving them with a Full Disclosure Request (from data protection act 1998/2003 as per previous posters recommendation), demanded compensation for the premium rate phone calls to their helpline and diesel money for having to drive to their branches and just to top it off, I told them I was reporting the theft of my money to the guards.

“But sir, it’s not theft”
    “Ah, but according to your website and press releases, everything is back to normal so therefore, it must be an act of theft that has left me with no money - if you’re going to lie about all this, you’ll have to deal with the consequences”

Good man yourself smokingman...

If my money isn't in my account and is in somebody else's account even an Ulster Bank holding account earning Ulster Bank interest I would consider that theft too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

unkel wrote: »
    Yep same here. Duplicates were posted last Saturday morning, but dated 16/7. The reversals (were actually called UB176REVERSE :D) were posted this morning but also dated 16/7. And indeed the reversal appear above the duplicates, as if they happened first :D

This worries me... I got a duplicate salary and duplicate DD on Saturday. Salary was reversed today with the UB176REVERSE reference but the DD is still on there... So going to have to chase them up about that it seems, great...

Have any duplicate ATM transactions dropped off for anyone? Have one dated the 22nd, think it showed up on the 26th though and it's still there...

My duplicate Paypal payments still haven't been reversed and my retail Visa Debit refund from a few days ago still hasn't shown up in my account yet.

I'm getting livid at this stage as I need the extra cash from that duplicate payment and refund to pay for birthday presents... grrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

smokingman wrote: »
    Was on hold for 20 minutes after getting nothing from the phone banking guy and being redirected to complaints. Read the riot act.
    Waste of time really as they couldn’t tell me when I would get my money.

Told them I would be serving them with a Full Disclosure Request (from data protection act 1998/2003 as per previous posters recommendation), demanded compensation for the premium rate phone calls to their helpline and diesel money for having to drive to their branches and just to top it off, I told them I was reporting the theft of my money to the guards.

“But sir, it’s not theft”
    “Ah, but according to your website and press releases, everything is back to normal so therefore, it must be an act of theft that has left me with no money - if you’re going to lie about all this, you’ll have to deal with the consequences”

Theft is dramatic and unhelpful. I agree compensation is deserved for all the issues and not just fees being refunded, actual compensation for the grief and upset it has caused. But saying its theft you may as well just go into the branch and pulling a tantrum crying in the middle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wogan121

J-blk wrote: »
    This worries me... I got a duplicate salary and duplicate DD on Saturday. Salary was reversed today with the UB176REVERSE reference but the DD is still on there... So going to have to chase them up about that it seems, great...

Have any duplicate ATM transactions dropped off for anyone? Have one dated the 22nd, think it showed up on the 26th though and it's still there...

I had a duplicate DD and duplicated wages and both were reversed for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭smokingman

chris85 wrote: »
    Theft is dramatic and unhelpful. I agree compensation is deserved for all the issues and not just fees being refunded, actual compensation for the grief and upset it has caused. But saying its theft you may as well just go into the branch and pulling a tantrum crying in the middle of it.

When I'm finding it hard to pay for food for my three kids as a result of their screw ups, I think I'm entitled to such behaviour to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I was on an business trip abroad at the time the story broke and was very lucky that I pre-paid most of my expenses and was carrying €350 in cash on arrival. Otherwise I'd have been in bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

smokingman wrote: »
    When I'm finding it hard to pay for food for my three kids as a result of their screw ups, I think I'm entitled to such behaviour to be honest.

You are entitled to do anything you wish. whether the action will help the situation is different. They screwed up massively. but childish actions are useless. Make complaint with the bank, central bank, ombudsman, local TD, but moaning to a UB employee who probably hasnt been given much more info than we all have is just a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lehmann

HI
    It's crazy all that is happening with this bank...! :(

Money is missing from my account for ~2weeks now... It's just UNACCEPTABLE. I have chatted to many UB advisers online, and rang their online banking twice. I was told that my problem should be sorted soon. :mad:

I booked a flight on the 27th of June for approx €200. Everything was normal. The amount was deducted that same day from my account. Later, on the first week of July, when checking my balance online, I was shocked to find myself charged THREE TIMES for that flight! (= ~€400 gone from my account!!!) The next day, I noticed that one of the repeated transactions was removed, so I thought all will be sorted in a short time. I rang on the 9th of July to make sure UB is aware of this problem. Nothing changed! Yesterday I rang them again to complain… I’m still charged an extra ~€200… money has been missing from my account all this time!! Don't understand why only one duplication was sorted and not the other!!!… why is it taking so long to correct that mistake? This is soooo ridiculous!!!

I always found UB very professional. I'm very disappointed. If they don't fix my problem this week, I will move to another bank.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Who has actually LEFT this bank yet?! And what I mean is... Who has diverted their next salaries to a different bank, because obviously you cannot close your UB account just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

My current account is now correct. My UB credit card account is now also correct, including the payment I made two weeks ago. So everything is OK for me now. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if it all went wrong again tonight.

I have completely moved my day to day banking to a new bank. I even withdrew all the money I had in a UB savings account and moved that elsewhere.

I will leave the current account open with a few Euro in it just to see if there is any compensation being offered. If not I will close that down also.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

100gSoma wrote: »
    Who has actually LEFT this bank yet?! And what I mean is... Who has diverted their next salaries to a different bank, because obviously you cannot close your UB account just yet.

Yes, we left.

I opened my account in BOI on the 6th July and our two wages arrived overnight on the 12th. 13th I cleared my UB account.

Sunday I had -€32 in my UB account even though on the Friday I had ZERO after cleaning it out.
    Today I had €88

So just to treat myself I took their mysterious €88 and sent it to my Ulster Bank Credit Card. Well, they still technically have the €88(because it was never mine), I just moved its location. :D

If they notice, they notice, if they don't they don't. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Jim Brown is being clever by saying no one has left because UB won't let anyone close their accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

Well i had a riot in there today ,, went in asked for a larger overdraft ,, they told me to come back friday i said" Noo no you dont get to do this your lying to us all the time about when its gona be fixed and your fobbing off the entire country and where are my wages from last week so take out all my money now and il go dowb to aib" . now im sorry i know the people behind the counter are doing there job but there was no way i was leavin that bank w/o an official overdraft today no way not takin any more fobbing off and what i did was correct for me and i stuck up for myself no sign of my wages at all :((( frm last week , im glad i did it , compensation will be bull**** anyway wait n see, i dont want to leave ulster bank yet i promoted them to my family and friends my bf opened up a ub account the week before 20th june after my 2years of nagging from me and explaining about the fee free banking and now hel never use it . We will never know the full truth of all this . Only in ireland im so sick of the laziness backwardness of this entire county never mind ulster bank

Jim Brown is being a bollicks by saying no one has left because UB won't let anyone close their accounts.

Fix'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

I opened a new BOI account today. Went into Ulsterbank and told them to sort out the duplicate transactions on my my account. And also to send me a statement with correct time and transaction details on all of my transactions since the date their problems started.
    When I get a final balance they are to move the money in full to my new BOI account.

They were very apologetic, but at the end of the day they are tossers and liars and enough is enough.
    She said I could have fre banking for a year. I told her I would want free fees for life and compensation to put up with that shower anymore.

I was very patient up to now but I cracked today when I heard they are still lying and saying its fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

When I get a final balance they are to move the money in full to my new BOI account.
    So January then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

So January then.

Well the account is there now. There will be no new money from me going into Ulsterbank. And as they correct my balance the money will be moved out of Ulsterbank straight away. I only wish I could ever trust the amount they say is in it now.

They have me withdrawing at ATMs multiple times for the same amount for the same day. This I know I didn't do, but I can't be sure of any other transactions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement