Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 djk68

I had funds due in by Eft last Friday & stupidly didn't get it redirected to my new boi account. No funds yet. When I rang to enquire where it was as web says systems are back to normal, except for duplicate transaction of course, was put through to a differnt section who said there is an issue with some eft files for 12th and 13th July. They couldn't tell me when the funds would hit as they currently have no resolution date yet. Just mad how they can claim systems are working when they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

I still havent got friday 13th wages. Today I opened acc. withh PTSB and this week wages will go there,also paid out all my money and change dd.F.UCK THEM :) When i asked when will i get my wages ''yyyyy i dont know'' WTF??

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Such a joke, claiming things are back to normal. A payment from my UB current account to my UB credit card made on July 9th finally arrived today. Also a monthly payment from my credit card which should have been for €12, is now showing up as €0.12 (and is dated the 13th).

Thankfully my employer has been able to pay me by cheque for the last two weeks. Just waiting for balances to be correct before closing the accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Ulster Bank Delay On Compensation Unacceptable

http://www.build.ie/national_news.asp?newsid=147474

"The delay in announcing a detailed compensation package to Ulster Bank customers is a shocking indictment of the bank's persistent failure to recognise the real harm done by their computer crash, according to Labour Senator Lorraine Higgins.

. . ."While the Bank acknowledges the inconvenience that this entire fiasco has caused to over 600,000 of its customers, it hasn't sufficiently concentrated the minds of it executives so much that they've worked out how to 'recognise' this major upset by offering compensation in a speedy and businesslike manner," added Senator Higgins.

"By continuing to delay on the issue of compensation, Ulster Bank is leaving itself open to the charge that it is not sufficiently concerned in a meaningful way about its customers. I would also like know how much interest has been earned by the bank on these monies on deposit. . ."

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

So January then.
    Which year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

100gSoma wrote: »
    Who has actually LEFT this bank yet?! And what I mean is... Who has diverted their next salaries to a different bank, because obviously you cannot close your UB account just yet.

Eh, I did over 2 weeks ago now. I can't believe that anyone here still hasn't and can't see through desperation and spin? I had to have rent paid by the bank as I tried to manually top up the account but they told me it would be a waste of time as it wouldn't get processed immediately. This was last Friday.

As with other posters here, I have limited the damage and will be performing a clear-up and wind-down of my account as the weeks follow. Although I will wait to see what the compensation might be; before I close it completely. It will never be my main account again though. How could it be ??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I went in branch on the 12th for the first time since the troubles began.
    I had to deposit some cash but wanted to check it would actually be applied.

He scoffed and said of course, problems are over. It was applied.
    However, my UPC direct debit from the same day hasn't gone.
    Dickhead.

They are some sh1tehawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Wife's wages, credited last week, have vanished out of her account tonight, anyone else have debited wages withdrawn?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

I was on an business trip abroad at the time the story broke and was very lucky that I pre-paid most of my expenses and was carrying €350 in cash on arrival. Otherwise I'd have been in bother.

Notes or coin?

Just looking through the "further questions" under the customer update on the UB site and this one is really bugging me:

What should I do if I am concerned that my credit record or my payment history may be affected by this incident?

Please visit your branch or call our help desk from 8am to 10pm on 1800 205 100 (+353 9156 2910).

You can also check your bank statements when they become available. This will be the best way of seeing whether payments have not been made as a result of a salary or other credit not being received on time.

Each month we send a report about our customers' credit status to credit reference agencies. Even though a missed payment may show up on your statement as a result of this incident, we will not show it in our credit report.

If you are a customer of another bank, you should contact your bank in the first instance and also check your bank statement.

If you think there is an issue, we recommend that you wait until August to allow records to get back up to date. At that point you can request a credit check from a Credit Reference Agency. We are making arrangements with Credit Reference Agencies that we will pay the costs of this check for our customers."

What use is checking my Bank Statement? When i look at mine online it would appear that my standing orders did get paid on time because they have them down as being paid on the due dates even though they were paid at a later date. Ok, people will notice if a payment is missing on their statement easily enough, but if UB are falsely listing the payment as going out on the due date, when it didn't, then i think a few people may not realise that they were late for payments

Also they can offer all the credit reference checks they like but it isn't going to make much difference to people like me who are making payments to credit unions who are not listed with them. I will be requesting a letter from UB to give to my Credit Union so i can have it noted on my a/c that 4 weeks of payments were late because they messed up - i've been with my C/U for about 18 years and i'm not having UB leave a black mark on my a/c! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Rang UB today as standing order not showing credit to my account, apart from the palavor over my branch in southern Ireland, sort code (which one cannot see on the open online account) and the security questions the fact is my credit will not be shown for a few days!
    As I have mortgage due out 19th I indicated the urgency to rectify the balance in the account to which she indicated the direct debit would be paid but would leave the account negative :eek:. That was my point in the call but i got little comfort and asked that a formal complaint be registered by way of the phone call as they claim the problems are solved and my balance is not correct.
    They are as bad as the weather, but then which Bank nowadays is customer friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

chasm wrote: »
    What use is checking my Bank Statement? When i look at mine online it would appear that my standing orders did get paid on time because they have them down as being paid on the due dates even though they were paid at a later date.

Exactly! The suggestion of using bank statements or any other UB records is ridiculous. Who comes up with these statements? Are they not checked by anyone who know anything about banking?

Fiskar wrote: »
    . . . asked that a formal complaint be registered by way of the phone call as they claim the problems are solved and my balance is not correct.

Hence their "normal service has now been restored for the majority of our customers." - You, my friend, are the 1% ;) I have never been so pleased to be part of the 99%

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

My accounts are up to date (for now).

I really wish I had more confidence in Ulster Bank to take care of all my accounts in the future. I don't think I can.

Now that I have access to my money, I'm splitting it up into different banks as I can't afford to go through another mess like the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Now i am not going to complain about this, but apparently the direct debits due from my account were paid. On the statement 2 direct debits are described as unpaid due to lack of funds, 12.70 charge applied, and reversed few days ago.

Just received Meteor bill, and seems like they received the money.
    I assume insurance instalment was also paid since i have not received any phonecall/letter from them about missed payment.

At least UB did what they were supposed to do, the question is when are they going to take money back from my account?
    I will accept it as a compensation for now. Wondering how many weeks they need to figure out all this mess and balance their books/our accounts properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

10.13 Euro ghost charge appearing on my account, no statement to show it on the website. And only showing as a "Direct Debit" on my Mobile App...... FFS Ulster Bank sort your **** out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They are still processing Direct Debits from the same days last month. €90+ just left my account for Meteor which also left the same time last month. Although this months bill is only worth €46 or so so they don't appear to be processing the correct incoming payments.

I know they will likely refund the DD sometime today or overnight but its not the point. It's on and on and on and on. Now, if they pay my only other(cancelled) SO on Friday to my credit union and it goes through, €100. Again, boo hoo to them. That's my USA holiday fund. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

An Ri rua wrote: »
    As with other posters here, I have limited the damage and will be performing a clear-up and wind-down of my account as the weeks follow. Although I will wait to see what the compensation might be; before I close it completely. It will never be my main account again though. How could it be ??

Same as, have diverted this weeks wages to my new account, have switched over all DDs and will set up new SOs as soon as my wages go in. Then I'll transfer everything in the current account over from UB. Emptied my online savings accounts yesterday and will go into branch on Friday and try to close them. Will leave the current account open in the vain hope that there might be some compo but won't be using it.

Seeing as I had only switched to UB at the start of June I have no reason to be loyal and knew that switching to another bank wouldn't be too much hassle. Account still seems normal this morning so hopefully that'll remain the case until Thursday when I'll take what's left in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Some progress today - my duplicate DD is reversed and so is the duplicate ATM transaction (with an ATM CONTRA reference). An EFT I did online to Rabodirect on Monday, went through today, which would be the normal time scale.

Still no idea when interest on credit card will be returned - all they could say is it will happen automatically but they have no idea when...

So, things are showing some improvement for me (but obviously still not for others here, based on the latest posts) but it's way too little, too late. Now that EFTs seem to be working, I'll be getting my savings and almost everything in my current account out of Ulster - there is no going back from this mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

everything has been lodged and refunded etc to my account today. just have to wait for a couple of last refunds from outside UB to come through and then its safe to close.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My account seems to be 100% up to date this morning.
    Balance is correct, was able to transfer mortgage and savings etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

I still have duplicate visa debit transactions but one of two direct debits from a few days ago was taken this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Páid wrote: »
    I still have duplicate visa debit transactions but one of two direct debits from a few days ago was taken this morning.

Still have my duplicate transactions too. :/ Hopefully fixed by Friday, or I might be upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

account pretty much up to date EXCEPT two duplicate ATM transactions :( Rang them today....again to be told that I now need to wait til Friday before I can lodge an official query :eek:

leaves me overdrawn and incurring bank charges.....I just want my money back so I can close the account and move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Anybody else's wages taken out of there account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Has anyone had their POS/ATM duplicates correct yet? I'm tempted to head down to the branch but if I don't get anywhere then I can't really be bothered. First POS transaction went through last night with correct balances. At least that is something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

My account is still FUBAR with double charges and double ATM withdrawls. I'm trying to find the CEO's email address so I can send on my letter of impending litigation. I'm suing them for breach of contract in 7 days if this isn't repaired by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Account FINALLY up to date as of this morning.

duplicate atm transactions reveresed on my current account.

on top of that, a lodgement i made to my credit card this morning has mysteriously doubled. :D

no doubt it will fall off again, but im tempted to rush down and shut all accounts down now before they notice lol

if they write me about the duplicate, i could send them an invoice amounting to the duplicate credit card lodgment, for late lodgement fee, and late duplicate transcation removal fee on my current account haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Has anyone had their POS/ATM duplicates correct yet? I'm tempted to head down to the branch but if I don't get anywhere then I can't really be bothered. First POS transaction went through last night with correct balances. At least that is something.

my atm duplicates disappeared this morning.

i went down in person to the branch yesterday and lodged a formal complaint.

dont know if this somehow sped up the process or just a coincidence??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

My account is still FUBAR with double charges and double ATM withdrawls. I'm trying to find the CEO's email address so I can send on my letter of impending litigation. I'm suing them for breach of contract in 7 days if this isn't repaired by then.

Thats easy Jim.brown at ulsterbank dot com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement