Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

My account isn't ok. Have 3 double charges transactions total over 100 euro. I thought it would be fixed by now. All 3 are from 29 Jun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

1966 wrote: »
    Think that only applies to credit card stamp duty & not visa debits/ATM cards

There is stamp duty on debit cards (Laser/Visa).
    It is 2.50/atm use, and another 2.50 if you used your card at POS...
    Some people didn't notice as they charge it at different time than credit cards stamp duty. Easy to miss 5 euro debit on account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

198321 wrote: »
    My account isn't ok. Have 3 double charges transactions total over 100 euro. I thought it would be fixed by now. All 3 are from 29 Jun.

My duplicate charge is frm June 29th also. Not reversed yet. I'll wait till Monday at this stage before hassling them again. Just seems pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

It's the credit card stamp duty that is charged on account closure, you won't have to pay it again if you get a new card once you have your letter of closure.

The ATM/Debit card stamp duty is only charged on cards that are active on 1st January.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

198321 wrote: »

I have similar issues, and total they make over 300 euros.. not nice at all.. Branch told me to wait for tomorrow, sent though my letter of complaint to them today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

finnteme wrote: »
    I have similar issues, and total they make over 300 euros.. not nice at all.. Branch told me to wait for tomorrow, sent though my letter of complaint to them today.

Finn who did you address your compalint to? What did you say.

Im writing one soon and i want to get the mood of the letter right.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Vicxas wrote: »
    Finn who did you address your compalint to? What did you say.

Im writing one soon and i want to get the mood of the letter right.

I addressed it to the branch manager

First i demanded by account to be fixed asap ofcourse..
    Then i simple made a list of my expenses and difficulties with bullet points and calculated them together and added some extra for the inconvience (100 eur) Propably they will never pay that out, but its worth to try... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

When you're sending a letter of complaint, you should address it to "the Manager" at your home branch (i.e. the one where the account is held, not the local branch).

Send it by registered post. It costs a few quid but, it's worth it in any situation where you absolutely need proof of receipt of an item.

It will arrive the next business day.

That evening, log into An Post Track and Trace : http://track.anpost.ie/

Then look-up the item and request the proof of delivery. This will be sent out to you by email very quickly (under 30 mins usually) and it will include the details and signature of the person who signed for the item.

Keep this on file and if you've any issues with them saying they didn't receive the letter, the don't have a leg to stand on.

I always use this when I am doing anything very formal e.g. cancelling a cable tv, mobile etc contract etc.

At the top of the letter write :

The Manager,
    Ulster Bank,
    123 Any Street,
    Any Town,
    Co. Somewhere
    (By recorded delivery - copy on file)

Ensure that you keep a copy on file too. Either print two copies or photocopy the original letter and supporting bills, receipts etc.
    Also do not send original receipts or statements for any expenses, only send copies. They could quite easily lose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sure where wud u be going

Huggles wrote: »
    I am not going to get into the morals of it as you know full well what you have done. Plain and simple, its stealing and are screwing up your credit rating. It will stick with you like **** to a blanket.

Put it back asap.

I know it is yea but it's soooo god dam tempting to lie to myself and forget about my a/c with UB
    chris85 wrote: »
    No effect to ICB as current accounts do not get recorded. Only credit agreements. However debt will be sought to be paid and legally owing. As mentioned something recently happened at BOI ATMs and its very clear. You know you were wrong. They are very much entitled to take you to court and you can defend the matter their, judge will most likely side with the bank as you continued to withdraw funds and moved banks. Its very obvious to them what you done.

didn't know that. That's making it 50/50 now as to giving it back or not!
    unkel wrote: »
    They'll try and get their money back. It will be interesting to see what steps they will take. Keep us posted (as long as you are a free man with internet access) :p

Haha will do mate, thinking of investing it in a motor one day and giving it back the next. I'll sit tight for another month and see what happens

Morally it is wrong.
    Islander13 wrote: »
    you are stealing, return the cash
    pay them back a fiver a week and theyll have to expect it :D uve sum balls to do it im overdrawn still and gotta wit for this to sort out before i can touch last weeks and this weeks wages and i also lost out on a holiday

Ay, worst case scenario i thought this was an option too if i spent it and started feeling guilty. I would't want it to go to court although in saying that it could be ten years before the case is heard and by that stage I'll have my mortgage and all got by then

Cheers for all the feedback everyone and in conclusion i think we all know its wrong and its theft but think I'm going to sit it out for a while yet without spending it and I'll keep all u updated as to what correspondence I have with the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I know it is yea but it's soooo god dam tempting to lie to myself and forget about my a/c with UB

didn't know that. That's making it 50/50 now as to giving it back or not!

Ay, worst case scenario i thought this was an option too if i spent it and started feeling guilty. I would't want it to go to court although in saying that it could be ten years before the case is heard and by that stage I'll have my mortgage and all got by then

Cheers for all the feedback everyone and in conclusion i think we all know its wrong and its theft but think I'm going to sit it out for a while yet without spending it and I'll keep all u updated as to what correspondence I have with the bank.

It is not like theft, or anything that will take you to court easily.
    Your account will be overdrawn, and they follow their procedure to get this back. Basically - they will ask you to pay back. Simple as that.

I am not going into morality, because it has nothing to do with that at this stage.

You may get lucky, and offer them repayment plan of xx/month.

It is not theft in my opinion, but you will have to pay it back (as you have to pay back any loan/credit card/overdraft).
    The only difference with overdraft is that it is normally payable on demand, but looking how slow things are going now with UB, weeks to come before they ask you to pay it back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's one thing if it's a mistake, it's another thing if it's a deliberate attempt to defraud the bank.

One is an error, the other is potentially fraud.

It's a matter of intent / lack of intent really.

At the end of the day, these losses will be borne by account holders via fees / charges or by tax payers in the UK who will just face further cut backs to fund more banking bailouts. It's a state-owned bank after all.

Those few quid missing from an account could mean that someone's Aunty doesn't get a hip replacement. Think of it that way.

However, the most immediate effects of large losses will just be branch closures and job losses in the Republic and the North.

While I think that people have every right to expect some kind of compensation for losses, inconvenience etc etc it's totally unreasonable to attempt to profit from this IT screw up. If it's not your money, put it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I'll have my mortgage and all got by then

Really, really, really?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Has anyone else duplicate transactions that have to be rectified? I was charged twice for two transactions, both appearing on my statement on the 29th of June. I called UB anytime on Tuesday and was referred to debit card transaction quereies department, (not exactly sure of the correct title), and basically was told that both transactions are appearing once on their side of card transactions but that they both were appearing twice on my statement. I was told that they couldn't sort it there and then, that they had no idea when it could be sorted, and had no idea as to who I could talk to, in order to sort it out???????

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I had an ATM CONTRA of €80 credited this morning but I still have about €400+ outstanding in double charges from the 26th June to 6th July. I did get an email back from the CEO regarding my notice of impending legal action. He said "I have asked a member of my team to review and revert to the attached." - pleased he bothered to respond tbh... hopefully this will make them get their act together and fix my account ASAP.

I opened a new BoI account today, they're having a delay in getting new cards (presumably from all the switching of the last few weeks).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 addazero

still have a 220euro duplicate transaction dating back to 21 June.... patience is a virtue

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

addazero wrote: »
    still have a 220euro duplicate transaction dating back to 21 June

You sure it wasn't a 22euro transaction? :p

Welcome to boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Well here's a good one, not only are UB reversing the incorrect charges on my accounts but I woke up this morning to find that they've started reversing actual payments that I made to my Credit Card and not even crediting the money back into my current account!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

van_beano wrote: »
    Well here's a good one, not only are UB reversing the incorrect charges on my accounts but I woke up this morning to find that they've started reversing actual payments that I made to my Credit Card and not even crediting the money back into my current account!!!

exact same thing happened to me this morning, nearly 1000 euro i paid off last week has bounced back into my CC account, but the money i used to pay it is no were to be seen, this is the description attached to the transactions "PAYMENT REVERSED/CORRE".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

brianc27 wrote: »
    exact same thing happened to me this morning, nearly 1000 euro i paid off last week has bounced back into my CC account, but the money i used to pay it is no were to be seen, this is the description attached to the transactions "PAYMENT REVERSED/CORRE".

At least I'm not the only one so, that's the same transaction name on mine and something about "PENDING" written after "CORRON"! As part of any Compensation package they're gonna have to give Interest Free on Credit Card for about 24 months (wishful thinking!)

Bloody ridiculous though, got charged massive interest on the Credit Card last month as I couldn't clear the Balance and I always clear it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

wonski wrote: »
    This quote from HSE explains why other banks account holders were paid on time:

Access to Funds for HSE Payees:
    HSE payees who are Ulster Bank customers
    Any payments due to HSE payees who receive these payments through Ulster Bank accounts may not be credited until Ulster Bank restore a full service. Ulster Bank customers whose salary has been delayed in reaching their account should visit their nearest branch along with their photo ID, account details and payslip in order to withdraw their required funds.
    Frequently Asked Questions and progress updates are available on www.ulsterbank.ie and further information is available from Ulster Bank on its helpline 1800 205 100 which is open from 8am - 10pm.
    HSE payees who are non-Ulster Bank customers
    All payments that were due to be credited should now be available to HSE payees.

Someone posted it before, couldn't find it...

It only shows how UB customers are being put on hold, while OUR bank main priority is to avoid hassle of being charged/sued by other people/banks!!!

Money for everyone but us???

My husband's wages due 28th June still haven't arrived and he works for the HSE. And we're UB also. No Child Benefit yet either. So basically we have received no payments INTO our accounts since all this started..Plenty off DDs and Standing Orders going out though leaving us almost 600 Euro everdrawn since yesterday. So so so p***ed off now. So much for them saying on the news that they are up to the start of this week now with transactions :mad::mad::mad:

Same as that as only received my wages from 28/ 7/12 last saturday! In the interim we were at a family wedding in Portugal, Kidd got sick, had to go to gp, bills all in arrears in acc, wife on unpaid maternity leave so no income for a month! I will be requesting remuneration! Still have to pay sis back for money borrowed as still not sure about state of acc! Any ideas about who to contact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

At least I'm not the only one so, that's the same transaction name on mine and something about "PENDING" written after "CORRON"! As part of any Compensation package they're gonna have to give Interest Free on Credit Card for about 24 months (wishful thinking!)

Bloody ridiculous though, got charged massive interest on the Credit Card last month as I couldn't clear the Balance and I always clear it!!

I'm the same, very strange one

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

Just called the credit card people and what they said was that all payments to the CC are being removed (due to duplication issue) and correctly re-applied tonight and any interest accrued will also be credited. I won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I've paid my credit card bill twice now and it is nowhere to be seen on my credit card statement. Got hit with a late payment fee today:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

My credit card payment from last week has been reversed too.

I still have a duplicate transaction from June 29th. Is there even any point ringing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭saltyporridge

Same here - payment credited July 6th and reversed July 15th but not showing up in current account. Just when everything was getting back to normal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jjd

just checking my account today and still no direct debits to my motor ins or life insurance
    so just for a laugh i asked on the live chat part of the account
    what happens if im killed in a road accident or drop dead will ulsterbank pay the €200.000 life insurance as im sure the insurance company wont if they have not been paid
    needless to say the said they could not answer that as ther are not sure about the arrangements between the insurance company and the direct debit company
    what a load of sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Unreal, i rang and actually got passed around about four different people. Completely fobbed off. They didn't know what was going on in the call centre when I rang.

Payment made to card on 12th, gone missing as of the 19th. I actually got put through to someone in the UK who had no idea about anything.

This is just too much at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Same here. The one payment to my credit card that had been applied in the last three weeks has been reversed "PAYMENT REVERSED/CORRE". So that's 3 payments to it missing from my current account, and not showing on my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

15 working days since I raised the duplicate issue.
    Still there. I have ZERO confidence in UBs abilities now. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

All my money now transferred out of Ulster Bank, and my VISA debit card will arrive from Bank of Ireland in a few days. That was a fun 2 months with Ulster Bank :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement