Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

All my CC payments reversed too, that's the final straw for me. Was told over the phone that it will be back to normal by Monday but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

All my CC payments reversed too, that's the final straw for me. Was told over the phone that it will be back to normal by Monday but I doubt it.

I wish they'd define what "normal" means as there seems to be a little bit of the old Lost in Translation occurring between the UK and us - I knew all along that creating our own language was never gonna work, who would have thunk it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

fcuk sake my cc payment has been reversed as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

This cock up by Ulster Bank has resulted in me having to pay a lot of unpaid direct debit charges and interest on credit card as I was due to have my deposit from old house returned at beginning of the month but this was delayed due to a housemate being with Ulster and having their transactions delayed and being late with the rent (or perceived to be late)

Is this just tough titty for me or would I have any course of recovering lost funds? The timing of it has been terrible for me, have moved into a new house and started a new job so not getting paid until next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

AdMMM wrote: »
    This cock up by Ulster Bank has resulted in me having to pay a lot of unpaid direct debit charges and interest on credit card and loan repayment as I was due to have my deposit from old house returned at beginning of the month but this was delayed due to a housemate not getting paid and being late with the rent.

Is this just tough titty for me or would I have any course of recovering lost funds? The timing of it has been terrible for me, have moved into a new house and started a new job so not getting paid until next week!
    You need to collect and keep proof of all issues that have arisen out of this. UB has said nobody will be left out of pocket, but you will certainly need to be in a position to prove it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭andrewire

I got my Credit Card statement this week with some massive 'late payment fee' but I paid the full balance 5 days before it showed on the statement AND before the due date. Ugh. Now I have to go there and explain them how to do their maths.

You need to collect and keep proof of all issues that have arisen out of this. UB has said nobody will be left out of pocket, but you will certainly need to be in a position to prove it
    Thanks for that.

What would be sufficient proof? I'm with AIB and landlord was with AIB so at no point did I have any direct or personal dealing with Ulster Bank. The landlord decided to delay the repayment of deposit until he was certain all money due was collected (and I can't blame him for that). Do I need to ask them for bank statements? Are they under any obligation to provide them to me?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

are all you guys getting CC reversed using UB credit cards?
    Reason i ask is none of mine has reversed, although i have MBNA CC and the transactions i carried out online.

kceire wrote: »
    Reason i ask is none of mine has reversed, although i have MBNA CC and the transactions i carried out online.

Yeah mines a UB CC and my payment was reversed last nite!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

Hi all ...quick update...my acc was showing 230 euro overdrawn on Wednesday but yesterday (Thursday) my balance was 177 euro even though I changed the bank I get paid into etc?? Was told last week it was sorted, my balance should be nil because I took all my money out. So how was I showing as overdrawn then be in credit? No dd's are paid out of this account, it was only used to receive wages???

• Advertisement

silentbang wrote: »
    Hi all ...quick update...my acc was showing 230 euro overdrawn on Wednesday but yesterday (Thursday) my balance was 177 euro even though I changed the bank I get paid into etc?? Was told last week it was sorted, my balance should be nil because I took all my money out. So how was I showing as overdrawn then be in credit? No dd's are paid out of this account, it was only used to receive wages???

That's your compensation, don't spend it all in one shop :)

On a serious note maybe it was €177 that ya didn't realised ya had due to UB not updating the systems, maybe it's a refund for something....too many maybes!

I wouldn't bother ringin them, they won't know where it came from either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yeah, UB CC here too and payment reversed - think everyone affected here must have an UB card TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

Not alone have UB not reversed 3 duplicated transactions from the 28th June and have not taken my mortgage out yet (although it has been paid), somehow they managed to change my date of birth on their systems - and they made me older.

Probably not part of the continuing problem re the software patch, but quite inconvenient as my online banking details had changed and god know what else.

Have been onto them already and been to the the branch to make a complaint. Will wait with interest to see the explanation for this

Paddyo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

AdMMM wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

What would be sufficient proof? I'm with AIB and landlord was with AIB so at no point did I have any direct or personal dealing with Ulster Bank. The landlord decided to delay the repayment of deposit until he was certain all money due was collected (and I can't blame him for that). Do I need to ask them for bank statements? Are they under any obligation to provide them to me?
    It's likely your flatmate who is with UB will need to make the claim.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

van_beano wrote: »
    Yeah mines a UB CC and my payment was reversed last nite!
    J-blk wrote: »
    Yeah, UB CC here too and payment reversed - think everyone affected here must have an UB card TBH.

can you now just go online and transfer the money to the CC or call up and transfer it?
    In least your charges and interest are in house so will be refunded automatically or quite easily.

Ive to claim back charges from MBNA and my credit union :(

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

can you now just go online and transfer the money to the CC or call up and transfer it?
    In least your charges and interest are in house so will be refunded automatically or quite easily.

Ive to claim back charges from MBNA and my credit union :(

To clarify - The payments were reversed from the CC alone. ie The credit was taken from the credit card, but the debit not reversed from the current account. So only one side of the transaction was reversed, so no we can't transfer cash over as it is now in the ether.

It's likely your flatmate who is with UB will need to make the claim.
    This is where I feel like it's just tough titty for me. They're not out of pocket at all, nor is my former landlord... just me who has no direct connection with Ulster Bank and was awaiting (depending) on the return of a deposit at the agreed time.

To clarify - The payments were reversed from the CC alone. ie The credit was taken from the credit card, but the debit not reversed from the current account. So only one side of the transaction was reversed, so no we can't transfer cash over as it is now in the ether.

Exactly this. The money paid to the CC is now in limbo land somewhere. Not in our current accounts, but not paid to the CC either. Interest (which should never have been charged in the first place) is of course still there... :rolleyes:

What amazes me (but does not surprise me) about this latest CC f*ck up is, again, the lack of communication. One poster here already mentioned that they called and were told it would fix itself overnight or something (I have my doubts) and it's obvious it has happened to numerous people (if not all UB CC holders).

Would it be so difficult to put some kind of update on the damn site? Nope, instead they let everyone come here for info or call them up to be told the party line of "please wait" once again. Pretty much proof they have learned nothing in all this.

Thanks to all the posters here who have posted a lot of info as they get it - I have been kept far more up to date about the whole mess from boards.ie than from UB themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Just to add to the other people having problems with the credit cards, it's happened to me as well. Two payments both "reveresed/corrected" and now have interest charged to the account as well. I have an Ulster Bank Visa card as well a current account. I wouldn't have noticed this quick except I made lodgement into my current account today and noticed the balance on the credit card was wrong when checking the balance.

At least the current accounts seem to be working alright :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Would it be so difficult to put some kind of update on the damn site? Nope, instead they let everyone come here for info or call them up to be told the party line of "please wait" once again. Pretty much proof they have learned nothing in all this.

I wouldn't have known it's a larger problem until I just googled the "reversed/corr" line andfound this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pulled pubes

Just been to two UB ATMs and cannot get money out. Is this sheite starting up again??

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I have been kept far more up to date about the whole mess from boards.ie than from UB themselves...

+1

This was the first place where we got a really good idea what had happened.

By people here reporting the odd things that happened to their accounts (duplicates, strange amounts, wrong amounts, etc.) we know that UB were manually entering transactions :eek: which meant there was no back up :eek: :eek:

The normal media were just meekly reporting whatever UB was feeding them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

I paid in full my cc UB and this payment has been returned?WTF?Again mess:)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

Dupe ATM transaction still on my account.
    And more appeared this morning/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

double direct debit still on my account from 29th june, after some advisor promised me yesterday my account would be right today , just logged onto online banking and the fckers are charging me fees for being overdrawn due to their mess, rang anytime banking got the usual ****e we are sorry blah blah blah it will be automatically taken off:rolleyes: . Shower of useless ***** :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

My account is still missing 500. Some crazy mistakes being made.

Just checked my account there now, the payment I made to my CC and had been reversed and sent to limbo-land has just appeared again off my credit card, so everything is "back to normal" with my account now! Can I ring up UB and tell them I want to "stick" now, I no longer wanna play there silly card game anymore!

On a plus side I got a 52 cent refund on my CC interest....I may invest in a mint crisp!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

jjd wrote: »
    just checking my account today and still no direct debits to my motor ins or life insurance
    so just for a laugh i asked on the live chat part of the account
    what happens if im killed in a road accident or drop dead will ulsterbank pay the €200.000 life insurance as im sure the insurance company wont if they have not been paid
    needless to say the said they could not answer that as ther are not sure about the arrangements between the insurance company and the direct debit company
    what a load of sh1te

This is a really good question. I know it's hypothetical , but it applies to any insurance really. If your payment was caught up in the UB debacle and you subsequently claimed, I can see a right old fight going on between the insurer and UB with you stuck in the middle.

• Advertisement

van_beano wrote: »
    Just checked my account there now, the payment I made to my CC and had been reversed and sent to limbo-land has just appeared again off my credit card, so everything is "back to normal" with my account now! Can I ring up UB and tell them I want to "stick" now, I no longer wanna play there silly card game anymore!

On a plus side I got a 52 cent refund on my CC interest....I may invest in a mint crisp!!

Yeah., payment sorted now but... 4.76 refund on the interest even though they charged me 22.50 (though I paid off the balance in full 11 days before payment was due). How are they even coming up with these random numbers? If somebody is doing all this manually, surely it's not that difficult to notice the entire interest amount should be refunded?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement